Job TitleVisiting Assistant Professor of Psychology and Core Faculty in PsyD Program
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Pittsburgh, PA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology and Core Faculty in PsyD Program
Point Park University’s Department of Psychology is conducting a search for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology who is licensed or license-eligible in the state of Pennsylvania. The position would start in the Spring 2023 or Fall 2023 semester.
The successful candidate will serve as a Core Faculty in the PsyD Program in Clinical Psychology.
- At least 50% of teaching and/or administrative service will be dedicated to the PsyD graduate courses, including assessment and other clinical courses in the curriculum.
- Additional coursework may include teaching in the Department’s PhD in Critical Psychology, M.A. in Community Psychology, and/or B.A. in Psychology programs.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment and ability to serve the mission and values of the PsyD program, including scholarship and training oriented within human science perspectives.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a track record of success in working with diverse communities of clients, students, and colleagues.
Point Park’s collective bargaining agreement requires faculty members to teach three graduate classes or four undergraduate classes per semester. There are opportunities for course releases for scholarly activity and service to the university.
The Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology will
- have a terminal degree, PhD or PsyD, in Clinical Psychology or related field, and be licensed or license-eligible as a Clinical or Counseling Psychologist in the state of Pennsylvania.
- have teaching, clinical and research experience
- have the ability to teach assessment
- be adept at teaching and working with diverse communities of students, faculty, and staff.
- be able to demonstrate a commitment to the PsyD programs mission and values within a human science perspective.
- express ways the candidate’s clinical training, teaching, and scholarship will complement the program as a whole and integrate well with other Core Faculty in the PsyD program.
About Point Park University and the Department of Psychology
Located in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh, Point Park University is a dynamic, urban, university with a strong liberal arts tradition. Founded in 1960, Point Park enrolls nearly 4,000 full-time and part-time students in more than 100 undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs.
The Department of Psychology houses the Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Ph.D. in Critical Psychology, M.A. in Community Psychology, B.A. in Psychology, and B.A. in Behavioral Sciences. The PsyD program in Clinical Psychology is distinguished by its emphasis on the integration of clinical training with community psychology interventions, and a human science mission, including perspectives within humanistic, psychodynamic, phenomenological, hermeneutic, feminist, and contemplative approaches to clinical and community interventions and scholarship. The Point Park Psy.D. program is accredited on contingency by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association as of July 21, 2019.
Application Procedure: Please email a single PDF containing a letter of application, CV, research writing sample, a teaching portfolio (i.e. statement of teaching philosophy, sample syllabi, course evaluations), and a list of three professional references with contact information to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please include “Psychology Faculty Search” in the subject. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. For additional information, visit http://www.pointpark.edu. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience and based on the minimums set by the university’s collective bargaining agreement.
Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States and not require employer sponsorship.
Point Park is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply, including Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, and/or LGBTQIA+ scholars.
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job