Job TitleCoordinator, CCQ
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location New York, NY US
Deadline July 24, 2022
Contact Name Janet Mui
To apply for this job please visit http://www.click2apply.net.
Reporting to the manager for center administration at the Center for Computational Quantum Physics (CCQ), the Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the financial, clerical and administrative operations of the center. This individual will coordinate the activities of a vigorous research program,including planning visitor itineraries, arranging guest travel, processing reimbursements, and managing event venue logistics for frequent seminars and workshops. The Coordinator will be an integral part of the CCQ’s administrative processes.
- File, create and respond to routine correspondence and prepare expense reports via Concur software for center directors as well as external constituencies (consultants, visitors, etc.).
- Serve as liaison or main point of contact between staff and center visitors and guests, including making travel arrangements, coordinating schedules and supporting guests during their visit.
- Update and maintain the center’s various communications channels, including the departmental welcome slide deck, email and contact lists.
- Take proactive responsibility for the coordination of the center team’s activities within and outside of the Simons Foundation/Flatiron Institute, including effectively maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments and making travel and conference arrangements in conjunction with the Events Team.
- Assist with meetings and workshops, including polling for availability, collecting meeting materials, coordinating internal calendars and maintaining the center’s contact lists.
- Must be able to work well with a variety of people, fostering and building good working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in high-level administrative support, including project management.
- 2-4 years of experience coordinating travel, handling complex calendars for various high-level personnel, scheduling, hosting events and handling confidential information is necessary.
- Previous work in research or academic setting is a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Consistent accuracy, careful attention to detail and the ability to multitask and organize many complex assignments and activities simultaneously are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace applications, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word in Mac OS environment.
- Must be willing and able to work occasional evenings.
- Resourcefulness and good judgment are required, with a willingness to take responsibility and the capacity to function well with minimal oversight.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population, as well as a can-do spirit to help create a team culture.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.temple.edu. Assistant Dean, Diversity, Inclusion and Human Resources…View Job
University of Tennessee
To apply for this job please visit ut.taleo.net. General Description: The University of Tennessee Municipal…View Job