Job TitleJourneyman Electrician (State Certified; Onsite))
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 28-33/hr
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline May 27, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
Journeyman Electrician (State Certified; Onsite))
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Central Facilities Services department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks two certified electricians with outgoing and positive personalities for the position of Journeyman Electrician.
• Excellent benefits (see below for details).
• Enjoy generous paid time off.
• Work a steady 40-hour week, plus occasional overtime work.
• Receive on-the-job training for meters and utility work.
The Journeyman Electrician repairs and maintains electrical systems and equipment in voltage ranging from 110 to 480 volts. Specific duties include:
• Assist in the operation and maintenance of the campus electrical substation.
• Troubleshoot electrical problems by locating and determining electrical malfunctions using test instruments.
• Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burnt out elements and fuses, bypassing or replacing defective wiring, cleaning, and troubleshooting motors and controls, and replacing fixture ballasts.
• Test electrical equipment. Bend and install wire-mold, EMT, and rigid conduit.
• Install fixtures, motors, and other electrical equipment.
• Inspect circuits and wiring for specified shielding and grounding. Repair or rewire systems according to building codes and safety regulations.
• Repair mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic components of electrical equipment.
• Read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, maintenance manuals and specifications. Troubleshoot existing installations and install new electrical systems based on this information.
• Maintain as-built drawings of work undertaken to depict actual construction variances from design drawings.
• Learn FMCS controls as required by updated technologies.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will be added to an on-call rotation to include weekends. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The hourly rate for this position depends on your qualifications, between $28 – $33 per hour.
Benefits: This position is eligible for our full generous and comprehensive employee benefits package including:
• Medical, dental, vision,
• 10% retirement contributions (no matching required),
• Tuition benefits for you and your dependents,
• 11 paid holidays plus paid winter closure dates,
• Accrue up to 22 days of paid vacation per year,
• Group life insurance equal to your annualized salary,
• Professional development funds,
• Discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
• Access to free gym and fitness facilities,
• Employee-funded home, auto, &pet insurance and legal assistance,
• Employee-funded identify theft protection and legal assistance,
• and more!
For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You are a seasoned electrician and enjoy troubleshooting an issue and finding a solution. You are outgoing, have a positive attitude, work well on your own, and also enjoy working as part of a team. You are comfortable working with diverse individuals and are courteous and helpful when interacting with customers.
Education and Experience: You have your Electrician Certification from the State of California and four (4) years of general electrician work experience.
In addition, you have:
• Working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in repairing and installing electrical circuitry and equipment.
• Working knowledge of:
• National Electrical Code,
• OSHA and Cal/OSHA safety regulations applicable to the job duties, and
• motor control circuits and energy management systems.
• Fluent English language skills.
• Strong mathematical skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, determine linear measurements, compute areas and volumes of conventional shapes and forms, and compute approximate weight of objects.
• Basic skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• The ability to be contacted by telephone during non-working hours.
• The ability and willingness to work overtime and be on-call as needed.
• The ability to work safely and comply with all applicable OSHA and Cal/OSHA rules.
• Effective and professional communication skills with a diverse team and population of customers.
• The ability to present a neat and professional appearance at all times.
Physically you can:
• Wear protective clothing and equipment as required Climb ladders, crawl in attics and under buildings,
• Lift and carry heavy equipment up to 40 pounds,
• Bend, stoop, reach outward and overhead,
• Work from heights and work in uncomfortable positions, and
• Work under all weather conditions.
Quickly complete your online application through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload in order to complete your application.
• Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
• Cover Letter (Optional)
• Professional References: Selected applicants will be asked to provide 2-3 professional references.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4088741
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of Massachusetts Amherst
To apply for this job please visit careers.umass.edu. About UMass Amherst UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth’s…View Job