Job TitleInstructor or Senior Instructor (100% FTE, 3-year LTA) in Inclusive Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Faculty of Management)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location , NS CA
Deadline May 30, 2022
Contact Name Dr. Albert James
Department Rowe School of Business
To apply for this job please visit dal.peopleadmin.ca.
The Rowe School of Business (RSB) invites applications for a 100% FTE 3-year LTA appointment in Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the rank of Instructor or Senior Instructor commencing July 1, 2022 (negotiable).
- a degree (MA, MSc, PhD, DBA, or equivalent) in one of the management disciplines with demonstrated interest in innovation and entrepreneurship; and
- industry experience with inclusive innovation and entrepreneurship
Preferred qualifications, experience, and skills:
- experience working with African Canadian or Indigenous organizations and communities (or equivalent professional and lived experiences), especially African Nova Scotian and Mi’kmaw communities;
- experience in teaching and learning;
- ability to collaborate and co-create curriculum and to foster safe spaces for equity-deserving groups;
- ability to teach online and blended learning courses.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate actively in growing, supporting, and promoting the inclusive innovation and entrepreneurship activities of the Faculty of Management. More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- teach courses in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship. The teaching load would regularly include New Venture Creation (undergraduate) and Starting Lean (undergraduate / graduate)
- work with area group colleagues to identify opportunities for enhancing inclusive innovation content across courses and programs (Majors, Minor and Certificate in I&E)
- advise students (and student societies) interested in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship in the Faculty of Management and support the success of a diverse range of students
- work with Management Career Services to revitalize and deliver the entrepreneurial work-term and innovation residency experiences for students
- develop relationships with diverse entrepreneurs in the Atlantic region
- provide academic guidance and supervision of entrepreneurial work terms
- working in partnership with the Minor’s Academic Lead, support the implementation of the university’s Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- develop undergraduate extra-curricular programming with the possibility of developing related curricular offerings.
- serve as Faculty of Management contributor to Shad Canada.
Other responsibilities require service within the school, faculty and university, which may include (but is not limited to): advising/counselling students; service on school and faculty program, curriculum and administrative committees; and membership on university-wide committees or units.
The Rowe School of Business is housed in Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Management. We offer life-changing management education in a diverse and inclusive community that inspires social and economic innovation and responsible action, with a focus on the United Nations sustainable development goals. We are a leader in innovative, experiential learning and conduct research with lasting impact. Our vision is a world where talented people from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors work together to create social and economic value and we embrace a culture of collaboration and connection.
The RSB is an AACSB-accredited school with a strong research culture and a member of EFMD and EFMD Global Network. It serves over 1800 students and prides itself on developing the next generation of innovative leaders. It specializes in experiential learning including residencies, consulting projects, co-op work terms, internships, and new venture creation. Collaboration with our employer partners from around the globe brings opportunity to our students and relevancy to our programs (the Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, Bachelor of Management, Corporate Residency MBA, Blended/Online MBA in Financial Services or Leadership, Executive Education, and MSc. in Business).
Dalhousie University is one of Canada’s leading teaching and research universities. It is a member of the U15 (a collective of some of Canada’s most research-intensive universities). Dalhousie’s mission is to lift the intellectual, social, and economic vitality of our local, national, and global communities through an institution-wide commitment to a world-class student experience, interdisciplinary collaboration, and mutual respect and inclusion in all aspects of our academic, research, and civic priorities. Dalhousie’s Third Century Promise, or Si’st Kasqimtlnaqnipunqekl Teli L’wi’tmasimk in Mi’kmaq, includes “Inclusive Excellence” as a strategic priority and one that we embrace in the Faculty of Management through a Strategic Plan Pillar of “Support Inclusion and Reconciliation”. More than words of a strategic plan, we are taking steps to diversify our curriculum, increase inclusion of students and faculty, and address systemic inequities.
Dalhousie University is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Halifax is a vibrant coastal capital city and is the business, academic, and medical centre for Canada’s east coast. It offers a high quality of life with various indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities in and near the city and rich arts and cultural institutions, including an excellent library system and plans for a new art gallery.
Information about the Rowe School of Business and its programs may be found at http://www.dal.ca/faculty/management/rsb.html
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, (especially Mi’kmaq), persons with a disability, racialized persons, including persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), women, persons of minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit http://www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
Applicants should prepare and submit the following information within our online application system:
- Cover Letter
- Recent CV, including evidence of Industry experience with innovation and entrepreneurship such as new ventures created, innovation projects participated in, intrapreneurial initiatives, and other examples.
- Teaching Statement: one (1) page, reflective of your teaching philosophy and teaching interests.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and experience such as teaching evaluations (if available), letters from colleagues or students, and/or research related to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Commitment to diversity and equity statement (upload as “Portfolio”) (one (1) page, reflective of your perspectives on broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in innovation, entrepreneurship, and the education of these topic areas to meet the needs of diverse constituents).
- List of references: Names and contact information of three (3) persons. Reference letters are not required at this stage.
Applications must be submitted electronically through https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/9616.
Review of applications will begin May 14th, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding the position may be sent to Dr. Albert James, Chair of the Search Committee at: email@example.com
Dalhousie has a vaccine mandate that is currently in place until April 30, 2022. Should the vaccine mandate be re-implemented at a later date, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination through Campus Check (Dalhousie login required), or may seek an accommodation from Dalhousie’s vaccine requirements on grounds protected under provincial human rights legislation. Please visit the Campus Check website for more information.
Johns Hopkins University - Bloomberg School of Public Health
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The Department of International Health seeks a…View Job