Job TitleAssistant Director for Transition Programs & Special Populations
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 50,000-52,000
Location Minneapolis, MN US
Deadline January 20, 2022
Contact Name Lizette Rebolledo
To apply for this job please visit z.umn.edu.
A primary function of Orientation & Transition Experiences (OTE) is to implement welcome programs and transition experiences for new students. The Assistant Director for Transition Programs works with the Associate Director of Student Transition Experiences with the planning and implementation of aspects of Welcome Week (a six-day program that serves 6000+ freshmen and up to 2300+ transfer students), Student Transition Experiences (Academic year programming through the second year), and transition programming for special populations including transfer, off-campus, first generation, students of color, out of state students, etc. The Assistant Director serves on a team of nine (9) full-time, professional staff and many student staff. This position reports to the Associate Director of Student Transition Experiences.
About OTE: In an effort to support each student during their transition to the U of M and on their path to graduation, Orientation & Transition Experiences offers high-quality, dynamic experiences that cultivate community and empower students to champion their own development and leverage campus resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least four years of relevant work experience.
- Two years of full-time work experience in orientation, transition programs, student success, or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion with working with units that provide support, access and equity and/or enhancing programmatic content to meet the needs of students.
- Willing and able to work evening and weekend hours.
- A Master’s degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or other related area
- Three years of experience in large-scale event planning and programming, including managing and implementing program content and logistics.
- Previous experience working with transfer students, first-generation students, off-campus students, or other student populations where experiences and skills could be transferred
- Previous supervisory experience of staff (student or professional).
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and perspectives, while having tolerance for ambiguity in implementing campus-wide programs.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions regarding programmatic efforts.
- Ability to work and communicate across organizational programs and priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Collaborative and diplomatic relationship style; promotes respect and practice of civility and inclusivity in the workplace.
This position has the Academic Professional and Administrative (P&A) classification in the Student Services Job Family Professional 3, is 100% time, 12-month annually renewable appointment. This position is considered a strategic, mid-level position. Salary range is $50,000 – $52,000, is commensurate with experience, and includes a substantial benefits package.
Review of all applications will begin December 17. You can find full position descriptions and application materials for all open positions at https://z.umn.edu/ote-jobs.
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
To apply for this job please visit z.umn.edu. A primary function of Orientation & Transition…View Job
To apply for this job please visit www.alma.edu. Alma College is seeking an Assistant/Associate Director…View Job