Job TitleVisiting Assistant Professor in Urban Futures, College of Design, Architecture, Art, & Planning
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Cincinnati, OH US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Alysha Wright
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.
Visiting Assistant Professor in Urban Futures, College of Design, Architecture, Art, & Planning
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the College and Department
The College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP) at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for an architecture faculty position in the School of Architecture and Interior (SAID) at the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor in Urban Futures. The Urban Futures Initiative of the University of Cincinnati supports the integration of visionary and interdisciplinary urban studies into course curricula. The Visiting Assistant Professor’s teaching and scholarship will contribute to the School’s initiatives and programs such as the Urban Futures Initiative (in collaboration with the School of Planning).
The School of Architecture and Interior Design (SAID) confers an accredited professional degree in Interior Design (BSID); an accredited first professional graduate degree in Architecture (M Arch); an undergraduate degree in Architecture (BS Arch); a post-professional degree (MS Arch); a Ph.D. degree in architecture and a newly launched post professional Master of Interior Design (MIntD). There are approximately 110 Masters of Architecture students and a total of 688 students in the School and 25 full-time faculty. The Interiors and Masters of Architecture programs are consistently highly ranked accredited programs.
The core mission of the Architecture Program is to prepare students for critical engagement with practice through a liberal arts education providing a broad basis for understanding architecture’s role within a cultural and historical context. Students alternate academic experiences with periods of professional experience through our cooperative education program.
Visiting Assistant Professors at the University of Cincinnati is expected to teach, conduct research, scholarly and other professional or creative activities. This position will support the University of Cincinnati’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all of our activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be involved in the SAID collaborative environment for teaching and scholarship with primary (but not limited to) responsibility for teaching studios and seminars in the Master of Architecture Program and conducting seminars at all levels of the School.
- The candidates pedagogic and professional focus should be on urban design, urban ecology, smart cities, and urban futures.
- Conduct and teach assigned undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses and seminars.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for department and/or college.
- Serve as an academic adviser for students and evaluate student coursework.
- Serve on college or university committees and participate in curriculum development activities.
- Serve on graduate committees, supervise laboratories (where appropriate), independent study activities, and off-campus learning.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of his or her responsibilities.
- Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
Terms of Appointment
- Full-time, three-semester Visiting Assistant Professor position for one year, potentially renewable for a second year.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Master’s degree in Architecture or a field related to specific course content or topics related to SAID initiatives.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Prior teaching experience is ideal.
- Documented scholarship and teaching or practical work experience in field related to specific course content or topics related to SAID initiatives.
- Candidates with PhD are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this position please apply online at https://bit.ly/3XsXWlV and upload:
- Letter of Interest/ Cover Letter.
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
- Three (3) References.
- Portfolio or Candidate’s Work (submit as a link or web address in electronic format of no more than 2 MB).
- Please use the “Additional Documents” option for these items.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job