Job TitleIT Specialist (Hybrid; Information Technology)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ $27 - $31/hour
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline July 15, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
IT Specialist (Hybrid; Information Technology)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) seeks a proactive, critical-thinking, and personable computer professional for the position of IT Specialist.
The IT Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to all members of TCCS and relevant client organizations (The Claremont Colleges). This client-facing position plays an active role in ensuring quality support is provided at all times with a customer focus and a bias for action. This position reports to the Director of Service Delivery.
• Reliably provide a range of technical support duties to TCCS staff and relevant client organizations
• Support and maintain workstations, laptops, mobile devices, and virtual machines with Windows or Mac operating systems
• Support and maintain peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, and other common business equipment
• Install and configure common business software applications used in a business setting
• Use endpoint management tools to enhance the quality of services in a large-scale client environment
• Use Microsoft and other administrative tools to maintain a standard, automated environment
• Participate in a team environment to complete project timelines and goals
• Actively seek out new knowledge and experience to effectively assist other teams within TCC IT
• Effectively communicate and collaborate in a high-performance team environment
• Contribute to diverse and cross-functional teams with all members of the Claremont Colleges
Work Schedule: This is a regular, full-time position working 40 hours per week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The pay for this position is competitive and commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position, between $27 and $31 per hour.
Benefits: This position is eligible for our employment benefits package including:
• medical, dental, vision,
• 10% retirement contributions (no matching required),
• group life insurance,
• generous time off,
• professional development funds,
• discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
• access to fitness facilities,
• and more!
For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
If you are an ideal candidate, you demonstrate perseverance, and are motivated by challenges and opportunities for growth. You proactively seek solutions using critical thinking and an analytical approach, and can resolve issues with creativity and flexibility when needed. You maintain your composure in unexpected and high-pressure situations and express tact and empathy towards others with thoughtfulness. You can work autonomously and also bring collaboration and value as a team player.
Education and Experience: You must have:
• An associate degree in a relevant field plus two (2) years of related experience;
• three 3 years of related experience without a degree plus ability to successful perform the essential functions of the position,
Certifications and Licenses: You must have:
• A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to TCC’s automobile liability insurance provider.
• One or more relevant industry or vendor certifications.
In addition, you:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to communicate technological concepts to individuals of all competency levels.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Skilled at troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows or Mac operating systems and software environments.
• Skilled at troubleshooting common workstation, laptop, and mobile-device hardware systems.
• Familiarity with one or more common endpoint management tools, such as Microsoft SCCM, IBM BigFix, PDQ, JAMF, etc.
• Familiarity with Microsoft administrative tools such as Active Directory, GPO, DFS, etc.
• Familiarity with basic network services, such as DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate to audiences with a broad range of technical aptitude and understanding.
• Demonstrated ability to use strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and lead in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Skilled in troubleshooting networking related problems, including performance issues.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team and independently, as the work calls for it.
• Willing and able to improve skills, abilities, and knowledge on an ongoing and regular basis.
If you have any of the following, it’s a plus!
• Experience with cloud-based endpoint management tools, such as Syxsense Manage or ConnectWise Control.
• Experience providing technical support in higher education.
Qualified applicants only, please. Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• Resume (required)
• Cover Letter (preferred)
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4220934
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.