Job TitleBenefits Administrator (Hybrid)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator Staff
Salary Range -
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline March 02, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
Benefits Administrator (Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Benefits Administration department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks a knowledgeable benefits professional who is sharp, resourceful, and a compassionate problem solver for the position of Benefits Administrator.
• Have the best of both: work in a team environment and have generous opportunity to work autonomously and bring your own ideas and contributions to make our team the best it can be!
• Work with a supportive supervisor and teammates who know how to work hard and still have fun!
• Enjoy an environment that supports your work-life balance.
• Reduce your commuting and enjoy working part-time from home.
The Benefits Administrator plays a vital role in delivering world-class customer service for a dynamic and diverse population of staff and faculty for The Claremont Colleges (TCC). This position is responsible for the daily administration of all benefit plans offered by TCC. This position interacts with faculty, staff, retirees, providers, brokers, human resources offices, and payroll offices to ensure that all employee benefit transactions are processed in accordance with established criteria. The Benefits Administrator is responsible for monitoring plans for compliance with government regulations. The essential functions for this position include:
• Receive, review, and process all benefit and retirement enrollment and changes to determine employee, retiree, and COBRA eligibility and ensure timely enrollment/change in applicable benefit programs.
• Interpret and apply defined contribution plan rules to determine plan eligibility requirements and eligibility for withdrawals and loans.
• Conduct benefit orientations for new employees and counsel employees who have benefit questions and/or concerns.
• Assist in coordinating the annual benefits Open Enrollment.
• Help faculty, staff, and retirees with benefit plans related issues. When appropriate, refer to the designated benefits broker or to the customer service departments of the provider/insurer.
• Perform a monthly reconciliation of benefit discrepancies and provide timely follow-up as needed.
• Provide timely notification to faculty, staff, and retirees of benefit plan changes and other factors that may affect the benefit offerings.
• Correspond with faculty, staff, retirees, brokers, and insurers/providers regarding issues of eligibility, coverage, and document processing.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving techniques by providing confidential information to faculty, staff, retirees, beneficiaries, outside agencies, and providers to resolve routine and complex matters that may affect eligibility and/or coverage.
• Work with the Benefits Reconciliation team and benefit carriers and custodians to ensure that premiums reflect appropriate participation.
• Prepare FSA journals and submit ad hoc journals.
• Track leaves of absence.
• Review and process vendor invoices.
• Monitor 403(b) and 457(b) retirement accounts of highly compensated employees. Make adjustments as necessary to comply with IRS compensation and contribution limits and communicate to affected participants.
Note: The essential functions for this position are subject to change in the 2023 as the department cross trains with the Retirement Services team to improve department productivity and efficiency.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Work may be partially performed remotely. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The pay rate for this position depends on qualifications, between $30.00 to $35.00 per hour.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits for employees and their dependents, group life insurance, generous time off, professional development funds, discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment, and access to fitness facilities and classes. For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
Many see you as the “go to” person on your team who thrives while managing multiple projects and deadlines without losing sight of important details. You are especially talented at delivering exceptional customer service to even the grumpiest customer and enjoy developing supportive and friendly working relationships across the organization. You have working knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, Affordable Care Act, COBRA, IRS, and other employer benefits regulations.
Education: You have a high school diploma plus additional courses and training relevant to this position; or you have a combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
Experience: Three to five (3-5) years of professional work experience in benefits administration, preferably in a multi-organization environment, plus some experience with Workday or another human capital management software.
In addition, you:
• Are a demonstrated self-starter, with strong analytic, problem-solving, critical thinking, and research skills.
• Have strong written and oral English language skills with the ability to communicate effectively and cordially with diverse internal and external constituents.
• Can communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking individuals.
• Are mature, tactful, resilient, and remain composed and effective in unexpected and difficult situations.
• Have proficiency in Microsoft Office products, with demonstrated advanced skills in Excel. Must be able to create and work complex with spreadsheets with formulas.
• Can read, interpret, apply, and explain relevant rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrate strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload.
• Demonstrate openness and responsiveness to new ideas and change.
• Demonstrate follow-through and implement plans and changes.
• See opportunities to expand knowledge and further develop skills and abilities.
• Demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Can create comprehensive and complex reports, executive summaries, and communications using proper business writing, metrics, and tables/diagrams as needed.
• Can prepare and deliver presentations as needed.
• Cam reconcile complex discrepancies.
• Can share knowledge and information and to learn new tasks.
• Can observe and promote strict confidentiality.
• Collaborate with superiors, peers, and constituents to build trust and effective and responsive communication. Foster respect from others. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Demonstrate a professional image through dress, demeanor, and communication.
If you have any of the following, it’s a plus!
• 4-6 years of Benefit Administration experience, including all employee benefits, defined contribution plans, and workers compensation.
• Experience and knowledge of Workday Benefits and HCM.
• Undergraduate degree in human resources, business, or related field.
• Certification in CEBS, PHR, or similar nationally recognized professional certification(s).
Only qualified applicants, please. Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers. Review of applications will commence immediately.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
• Cover Letter (Optional): Briefly, describe what makes you the ideal candidate for this Benefits Administrator position at TCCS.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3800498
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Director of the Strategic Learning Center…View Job
Ferris State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ferris.edu. Manager of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving…View Job