Job TitleDirector of Parent Engagement
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator Staff
Salary Range -
Location Washington, DC US
Deadline September 02, 2022
Contact Name Jessica Shatzel
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.
About National Cathedral School
National Cathedral School for Girls serves 593 students in grades 4 through 12. Faculty and staff are curious intellectually, flexible, collaborative, and view education as an engaging vocation. Our students are engaged, fun, and kind, and they love to be challenged and viewed as confident individuals. Faculty and staff maintain a lively conversation about the meaning of an excellent education, an interest in pedagogy, and innovative uses of technology. As an Episcopal school, NCS welcomes people of all backgrounds and faiths while maintaining a close identity with Washington National Cathedral’s commitment to be a house of prayer for all people.
National Cathedral School (NCS) seeks a Director of Parent Engagement to join a dynamic team at a time of new leadership and opportunity. The Director will develop and execute a strategic parent engagement program that builds greater affinity and financial support for NCS. In collaboration with a dedicated development team, the director will be responsible for the strategic direction of programs, initiatives, and events, including the annual Spring Benefit, that strengthen NCS’s relationship with parents and grandparents.
The successful candidate will utilize their demonstrated strategic thinking and relationship building skills to build strong and enduring partnerships with parents and grandparents that lead to increased support for NCS. They will apply exceptional initiative and organizational skills to manage volunteers and provide oversight for strategic events and programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In cooperation with development team leadership, developing and managing a strategic parent and grandparent engagement plan with quantitative and qualitative goals and metrics for parent programs
- Supporting and serving as staff liaison and strategic partner and guide for parent volunteer programs and groups including the Parents Association, the Black Parent Alliance, Annual Fund volunteers, and Spring Benefit volunteers
- Identifying, recruiting, training, and managing parent, grandparent, and other volunteer leaders
- Identifying and qualifying prospective leadership, major gift, and planned giving donors
- Managing a portfolio of individual parent and grandparent relationships, focusing on those with greatest potential to support NCS goals
- With support from development team events staff, strategically utilizing and executing events, including NCS’s annual Spring Benefit, to advance the goals of the development team and maximize return on investment
- Staffing and providing support for other development and school functions as needed
Skill & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and three or more years of related work experience, preferably in development, parent relations, or a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing strategic plans and monitoring an evaluation of metrics toward goals
- Ability to handle challenging situations diplomatically and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues, senior-level executives, and volunteer leaders
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Ability to work without supervision and organize, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple concurrent tasks; to anticipate needs and act accordingly; and to perform with a high degree of initiative and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, act with discretion, and maintain a high level of performance under pressure
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or a similar relationship management system
NCS is committed to leadership in multicultural education and a culturally diverse faculty and staff. The school therefore seeks applications from candidates who will contribute to an atmosphere in which all are valued and supported.
National Cathedral School requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any boosters recommended and available to the general public, absent eligibility for medical or religious exemptions.
Presence on-site is required Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend assignments, as needed
NCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Fielding Graduate University
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com. Senior Graduate Program Advisor, Office of…View Job