Job TitleDirector of Academic Assessment and Accreditation
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Fairfax, VA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gmu.edu.
Director of Academic Assessment and Accreditation
The George Mason University Office of Academic Affairs in the College of Public Health, is seeking a Director of Academic Assessment and Accreditation to develop, implement, administer, and evaluate policies and procedures and communicating outcomes required for accreditation of the College by the Council on Education for Public Health. The Director of Academic Assessment and Accreditation coordinates, administers, and monitors all CEPH accreditation activities for the College. In addition to CEPH, the Director will support accreditation activities for five academic accrediting agencies affiliated with the College including the Association of University Programs in Health Administration, the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information, the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and the Council on Social Work Education. The Director works collaboratively with faculty, chairs, program directors, and other University constituents to ensure that the College is delivering on its mission to provide high quality degree programs for our students.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the College:
Established in October 2022, the College of Public Health at George Mason University is the first and only College of Public Health in Virginia combining transdisciplinary research, education, and practice as a national exemplar. The College enrolls more than 1,900 undergraduate and 1,300 graduate students across six undergraduate degrees, eight master’s degrees, five doctoral degrees, and six professional certificate programs. The College includes the Departments of Global and Community Health, Health Administration and Policy, Nutritional and Food Studies, Social Work, and the School of Nursing.
· Lead CEPH accreditation and re-accreditation activities;
· Develop policies, operating procedures, and support manuals to facilitate the superior achievement in meeting all requirements for CEPH accreditation;
· Oversee and support the collection of all relevant data required for CEPH accreditation;
· Analyze and report findings from all data collection activities designed to meet the accreditation needs of the College;
· Oversee, coordinate, and assist in preparation and submission of CEPH related reports and documents, including self-study and annual reporting documents;
· Oversee, coordinate, and assist in preparation and submission of reports and requested data to the Association of Schools and Program of Public Health;
· Liaison with CEPH and ASPPH Research and Data Analytics leads;
· Lead the development and monitoring of a continuous quality improvement (CQI) plan for the College;
· Oversee and support the development, collection, and analyses of data from faculty, staff, students, alumni, employers, and other external partners to meet accreditation requirements, quality improvement needs, and College goal setting;
· Work collaboratively with chairs, program coordinators and directors, and faculty to ensure compliance at the highest level with all accrediting bodies affiliated with the College;
· Provide technical support in the design of instructional assessment measurement techniques for accreditation purposes and to improve course quality;
· Liaison with CEPH, CAHME, AUPHA, CAHIIM, CCNE, CSWE;
· Liaison with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, and the Office of Accreditation and Program Integrity;
· Represent the College on various University committees related to assessment and accreditation; and
· Foster a diverse, inclusive, and positive work environment for faculty, staff, students, and University and College constituents.
· Master’s degree in related field;
· Experience in higher education;
· Experience with using a variety of data collection and educational assessment methods (surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.);
· Initiative and leadership to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of internal and external constituents with minimal supervision;
· Demonstrated project management skills with exceptional attention to details that generate high quality deliverables;
· Exceptional skills with Microsoft Teams, Excel, Qualtrics;
· Strong data analytics skills;
· Excellent written and presentation communication skills; and
· Knowledge of and a commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
· Master of Public Health degree from a CEPH Accredited program; and
· Highly involved engagement with a CEPH self-study for initial accreditation or reaccreditation.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA29KZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application, and upload (1) a cover letter describing the applicant’s qualifications; (2) a current curriculum vitae; (3) contact information for three references (include title, affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number); and (4) a brief statement describing how this position can help foster the achievement of inclusive excellence in a college of public health (as Other Doc).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only complete electronic applications submitted through jobs.gmu.edu will be reviewed. Send e-mail inquiries or nominations to Wayne Adams, Search Committee Chair, Office of Academic Affairs, College of Public Health at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An offer of employment is contingent upon background verification.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Arizona State University
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The New College of Interdisciplinary Arts &…View Job
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, INTEGRATED MARKETING AND…View Job
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY…View Job