Job TitleDirector of Distance Learning
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Portales, NM US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Department Human Resources
Phone US +1 (575) 562-2115
To apply for this job please visit http://www.enmu.edu.
Under limited supervision of the VP of Academic Affairs, provide administrative oversight, management and coordination of the distance learning and outreach activities of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct and coordinate the creation, implementation and monitoring of a responsive distance learning plan that fosters student success
· Collaborate with Communication Services to ensure that all web and print information about Distance Learning programs is current, complete and accurate.
· Collaborate with deans and faculty to support current distance learning programs and develop and market new programs
· Assure and maintain support for online course development and faculty use of distance learning technologies
· Arrange a coordinated schedule of professional training opportunities for faculty, staff, and resource faculty and maintain an accessible online repository for faculty training
· Coordinate with other support services to support online faculty and students
· Work with the state agencies, area high schools and academic programs to promote and support the dual credit program
· Actively seek and share knowledge of new developments and research in distance learning, including technologies, media and devices that can be leveraged for distance learning
· Ensure compliance and reporting with Federal and State Laws, accreditation requirements, as well as regulations and institutional policies and procedures related to distance education and the dual credit program
· Respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, faculty, staff, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
· Direct and coordinate the non-credit activities of the Distance Learning office
· Interview, select, supervise, and evaluate staff
· Engage in effective budget and resource planning, development and implementation for the Distance Learning office and activities.
· Cooperate with, and serve as liaison with, vendors and partners associated with distance learning, to include courseware and learning management systems.
· Compile, manage, and keep current all program and evaluation data associated with distance, dual enrollment, and outreach programs and initiatives.
· Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; evaluate recruitment success; enhance the regional, national and international reputation of the University through marketing and recruitment efforts.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the VP for Academic Affairs
Minimum Job Requirements:
Master’s degree and five years of experience in delivery of online education or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred qualifications are: Doctorate and demonstrated administrative experience in leading distance education and outreach activities in a university environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of best practices in online/distance education including educational technology, instructional pedagogy, student support services, and professional standards and trends
Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations and accreditation standards related to online/distance education
· Project management and prioritization skills and the ability to resolve complex problems and issues
· Ability to make effective administrative/procedural decisions and recommendations
· Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information
· Ability to analyze processes and make recommendations for improvements
· Ability to gather, analyze, and compile data, and prepare and present reports
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
· Investigative and problem-solving skills
· Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Professionalism and self-direction within the context of complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
Work is performed during normal work hours but may require evening and weekend hours to meet set deadlines
Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. Financial Analyst School of Molecular & Cellular…View Job
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Educ-Office of Child Development – Pennsylvania-Hershey –…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Library Materials Handling Assistant (6 Months; Onsite)…View Job