Job TitleVice Provost for Academic Initiatives
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range -
Location Moscow, ID US
Deadline February 03, 2022
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
University of Idaho
Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives
Division/College: Provost (Div)
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
As a key partner to the Provost and Executive Vice President, this position provides leadership for all aspects of university academic initiatives. This position provides broad support for academic programs in the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President and is responsible for working in partnership with deans, department administrators, faculty, vice provost colleagues, and external agencies related to the creation, initiation, approval, review and accreditation of academic programs. The Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives is responsible for the quality, relevance and effectiveness of our academic programs and is the primary point of contact with senior leadership and external partners which includes state government, accreditation bodies, federal agencies, and partner post-secondary institutions related to these efforts. The Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives, in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research, will assess current and proposed academic offerings and initiatives to assure the continued academic excellence at the University of Idaho. Reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice President, the Vice Provost of Academic Initiatives will provide important leadership with a focus on improvement and expansion our academic programs, identification and development of pathways that engage and retain students, investigation of new curricular structures, expansion of our Honors and Undergraduate Research programs, expansion and support of offerings via distance, online or dual enrollment platforms, and oversight of general education at the University of Idaho. The Vice Provost contributes to the university strategic plan and direction through the support of academic excellence and development which requires broad collaboration and facilitation. Responsibilities include:
• Serving as key advisor and university project lead for state-level initiatives from the Idaho State Board of Education (SBOE) and its committees (i.e., Council on Academic Affairs and Programs (CAAP) and the Instruction, Research and Student Affairs (IRSA) committee, etc.).
• Supervising the directors of the General Education (including assessment and program evaluation), Honors and Dual Credit Enrollment programs.
• Supervising annual program review, assessment and accreditation initiatives.
• Providing leadership related to the development, implementation, and review of policies related to academic programming.
• Serving on appropriate committees including the University Curriculum Committee, General Education Committee, Teaching and Advising Committee, Associate Deans Forum, Special Course/Lab Fees Committee and Academic Petitions.
• Terminal degree in disciplinary area from an accredited university
• 3 years administrative experience in higher education and external relations
• Eligible for academic appointment in a department at the University of Idaho, subject to normal internal vetting processes
• Capacity to build strong relationships with and across multiple stake holder groups (faculty, staff, and students; academic leaders at all levels, state and federal partners)
• Understanding of requirements necessary to lead and manage complicated post-secondary processes that support student success and the student experience.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Eligible for tenure and the rank of Full Professor
• Experience managing post-secondary curriculum processes
• Experience facilitating program or institutional accreditation or accountability initiatives
• Evidence of ability to negotiate and mediate with multiple stakeholders while preserving integrity of relationships
• Experience solving challenging and complex issues with creativity and strategic thinking
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000959P
Posting Date: 11/19/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before December 18, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
In addition to the online application, applicants must upload the following documents:
• Cover Letter addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications as well as the applicant’s experience related to the job responsibility areas
• Names and contact information for five professional references
• Contributions to Diversity and Inclusion Statement (uploaded to the Other Document 1 field.)
To help achieve diversity on the University of Idaho’s campus and to support its commitment to access and inclusion, job applicants must submit a one-page Contributions to Diversity and Inclusion Statement. The statement should address their past contributions to diversity or equity and future plans for continuing this effort. The purpose of the statement is to identify candidates who have professional skills, experience, and/or willingness to engage in activities that would enhance inclusive diversity as is best for the University’s students. For finalists that are named for an interview, this statement may be shared broadly with individuals/groups that will be involved with the interview process.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2712861
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.