Job TitleInstructional Technologist/Accessibility Specialist, UC Clermont College
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Batavia, OH US
Deadline September 08, 2022
Contact Name Trish Stewart
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.
Instructional Technologist/Accessibility Specialist, UC Clermont College
Responsible for facilitating technology-rich teaching and learning by providing evaluation and technical support related to UC’s online learning management system for online, hybrid, and web-augmented courses and training resources for faculty, staff, and students.
Collaborates with the Accessibility Network, the Accessibility Resources Offices, faculty, and staff to maintain compliance and up-to-date knowledge of WCAG 2.0, ADA, Section 504 and any other accessibility related state and federal laws including but not limited to: remediating accessibility issues in online courses and websites, video captioning and editing, creating accessible documents using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, writing meaningful alt+text, and utilizing Equidox to remediate documents.
- Collaborates with UC’s Accessibility Network, the Office of Institutional Accessibility, and the Accessibility Resources offices on e-accessibility-related issues and service provision and tracks faculty compliance training for accessibility.
- Support faculty to remediate accessibility issues in online courses including but not limited to, remediating accessibility issues in online courses and websites, video captioning and editing, creating accessible documents using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, creating meaningful alt+text, and using Equidox to remediate PDF files
- Maintains compliance and up to date knowledge of WCAG 2.0, ADA, Section 504 and any other accessibility related state and federal laws.
- Willingness to complete Level Access University training for accessibility to include: Introduction to Digital Accessibility using Adobe Acrobat PRO, Creating Accessible Documents using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, Writing meaningful alt+text, How do I write accessible link text, and Equidox training.
- Upon completion of training, support faculty to use UC’s video captioning tool to order and edit video captions.
- Collaborates with the Accessibility Network to support faculty to order professional captioning requests for students’ accommodation
- Collaborates with the Sr. Instructional Designer to master the use of UC’s learning technology tools (e.g., Kaltura, Zoom, Teams) and provide training, technical support, tutorials, and best-practices documents for faculty and staff.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Instructional Designer to maintain the reporting of system statistics for the online learning management system, faculty training, and related technology tools.
Essential Functions Continued
- Collaborates with the Sr. Instructional Designer and CTL& I Director to support faculty in using learning technology tools (UC’s tools and other third-party tools) to improve faculty teaching and student learning experience.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Instructional Designer and CTL& I Director to collect and disseminate information pertaining to best practices in various online learning topics, such as assessment strategies, student engagement, technology-infused innovations, curriculum development.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Instructional Designer and CTL& I Director to conduct workshops and training for faculty and staff on various online education, accessibility, and technology-related topics.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Instructional Designer and CTL& I Director to assist faculty with developing courses and online learning content for various audiences per design plans/consultation discussions in the LMS and/or using other course authoring tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.).
- Provides technical support for all online learning management system instructional initiatives to improve learning outcomes, facilitate technology-rich teaching and advance curricular innovation
- Creates layout and embed course objects for online courses and websites, including digital text, graphics, animation, audio, and video and online courses and websites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional or Educational Technology, Education, or related field.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience as an Instructional Technologist, Instructional Developer, or Instructional Designer
- Experience working with accessibility technology solutions
- Experience with proprietary learning technology solutions and learning management systems
- Experience with various e-learning authoring software/tools
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Certifications in accessibility WebAim Certification and Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competency (CPACC) Certification OR 2 years’ experience with accessibility.
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competency (CPACC)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Office 365, PDF, Zoom, Google Suite, etc.
- Experience with post-production tasks including video and audio editing, effects, branding, and file compression
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Please apply online at https://bit.ly/3b2PYgi. An application, resume, cover letter, and three professional references are required to be considered for this position. Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The Department of Political Science at Fordham…View Job
University of Arizona
To apply for this job please visit arizona.csod.com. The University of Arizona’s College of Veterinary…View Job