Job TitleMedical Assistant (9 Months Annually; Onsite)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline April 02, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
Medical Assistant (9 Months Annually; Onsite)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Student Health Services department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks an experienced, patient-centered, health professional for the position of Medical Assistant.
• Work 40 hours per week (8 am-5pm, Monday-Friday) for 9 months every year and be eligible for benefits all year long!
• Enjoy a unique and dynamic environment at the prestigious Claremont Colleges in the beautiful city of Claremont, CA.
The Medical Assistant position performs triage and laboratory duties under the direction of physicians and nurse practitioners for the student health center.
• Interview patients, measure vital signs, record information in patient charts, and assist physicians and nurse practitioners with routine office visits
• Prepare examination and treatment rooms for patients
• Set up tray for minor surgical procedure and assist with procedures as directed
• Perform routine laboratory tests (CLIA-waived) in-house and observe quality control measures in all procedures
• Perform phlebotomy and process laboratory specimens for pick-up by outside laboratory
• Administer injections under the direction of physicians and nurse practitioners
• Operate EKG, nebulizer, ear lavage, spirometer, audiometer, and other equipment and maintain equipment per manufacturer’s guidelines
• Clean and sterilizes instruments in autoclave and maintain autoclave per manufacturer’s guidelines
• Participate in quality assurance and improvement including for the laboratory department.
• Assist with related office tasks as needed.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this position are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday for 9 months (40 weeks) per year, coinciding with the academic calendar. Punctuality and regular attendance are critical and expected to ensure the successful operation of Student Health Services. Holiday, weekend, and evening work hours may be required. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The pay rate for this position is $25 per hour.
Benefits: We are delighted to offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits, group life insurance, generous time off, professional development funds, access to fitness facilities and classes, and more! For more information, please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You have BLS certification, are conscientious, and have a warm and approachable personality. You are punctual, dependable, and have strong attention to detail. In addition, you have:
a) Thorough knowledge of:
• Medical office procedures,
• Laboratory and X-ray procedures and OSHA guidelines; and
• Medical terminology and equipment.
b) The ability to:
• Keep and prepare reports,
• Respond to emergent situations accurately and take prompt action,
• Gain the interest, respect, and cooperation of patients,
• Work cooperatively with diverse staff, patients, and others, and
• Use electronic health records.
c) Awareness of and sensitivity to racial, cultural, religious, gender, and sexual orientation diversity.
d) Fluent English language skills.
Education: You have successfully completed a certified Medical Assistant program and have a current BLS certification. If you have a current phlebotomist license that would be a plus!
Experience: You have at least two (2) years of experience in a laboratory and ambulatory care clinic. If you have experience with adolescent and young adult/college aged patients, we would especially like to hear from you.
Review of applications will commence immediately. Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload in order to complete your application:
• (1) Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
• (2) (Optional) Cover Letter: Briefly, describe how this Medical Assistant position fits into your career plans.
ABOUT STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES at THE CLAREMONT COLLEGES
Student Health Services (SHS) provides patient-centered health care to our campus community in a professional and compassionate manner that directly contributes to the student’s well-being and overall success. Student Health Services at The Claremont Colleges is a service of The Claremont Colleges Services and provided to all students enrolled at The Claremont Colleges. Learn more about our SHS team at https://services.claremont.edu/student-health-services/.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3893057
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Dispatcher – Campus Safety (Onsite; 4/10 Schedule)…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Administrative Assistant for Campus Safety (Onsite) The…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Processing Project Archivist (12-Month Assignment) The Claremont…View Job