Job TitleAssistant Professor of Instructional Technology
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ Salary commensurate with experience
Location Lubbock, TX US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Fethi Inan
Department Curriculum & Instruction
Phone US +1 (806) 834-4743
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Texas Tech University invites applications from innovative and thoughtful colleagues to join our program at the rank of Assistant Professor in Instructional Technology. This tenure-track position with a nine-month academic year appointment will start in Fall 2023.
Texas Tech University is the flagship of the Texas Tech University System and a Carnegie Tier One research university. The current enrollment is nearly 40,000 students. Texas Tech University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). As a federally designated HSI, Texas Tech University seeks to foster an environment that promotes inclusive access and attracts committed and high-achieving students. We are dedicated to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty to educate and empower our diverse student body while also serving an extremely vast and diverse state.
Lubbock, Texas (Pop. 250,000) is an outstanding place to live and work. This growing city, with its college-town feel, has a remarkable history and a vital future. Lubbock is the commercial, agricultural, medical, financial, and cultural hub of the South Plains. The City of Lubbock and Texas Tech enjoy an exceptionally cooperative and supportive relationship extending from community health to cotton crop production, from wind energy to education. Lubbock is nationally recognized as an outstanding place to raise a family, and offers ease of access for commuting across town, or travel across the nation. Depending on one’s personal preferences, there are plenty of recreational opportunities and a wide variety of restaurants and shopping, community events and cultural activities including breweries and wine bars, a vibrant live-music scene along with more traditional performing arts.
The Texas Tech University College of Education, with over 2,000 students, offers a nationally recognized undergraduate teacher preparation program, and 21 graduate degrees that prepare students for professional or academic positions in education. The department and college place a focus on strategic outreach and engaged scholarship. We collaborate with local, regional, state, national, and global partners to address complex problems facing individuals and communities. In recognition of its extraordinary community outreach efforts, the college received the 2018 and 2022 W. K. Kellogg Foundation Community Engagement Scholarship Awards from the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU).
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Texas Tech University offers a competitive graduate program that is growing both nationally and internationally. We are a diverse community of scholars, researchers, and educators with a commitment to excellence in education, serving in diverse settings from PreK-12 to higher education to the workforce.
We seek highly qualified applicants who have expertise in instructional technology. The successful candidate will work closely with online and residential graduate students to prepare them to be competitive in their aspiring professional fields. The individual hired in this position is expected to contribute to the department’s goals of continued excellence and innovation in research, teaching, advising, scholarship, outreach, and service. Candidates who have very strong records of scholarship supported by extramural funding and who have the proven capacity or clear potential to bring externally sponsored research to Texas Tech University are encouraged to apply. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
· Developing and teaching Instructional Technology courses in both face-to-face and online environments;
· Advising graduate certificate, master’s, and doctoral degree-seeking students; including chairing and serving as a member of master’s and doctoral committees;
· Conducting and publishing refereed research that meaningfully contributes to the improvement of innovation, practice, and policy in fields of instructional technology;
· Developing and nurturing new partnerships with schools and/or professional organizations and agencies through community-engaged scholarship (research, teaching, and/or service);
· Applying for, obtaining, and managing external funding;
· Service duties include program-building, as well as commitment to extra-curricular activities. Service to the department, college, and university is expected.
· Earned doctorate in Instructional Technology, or a closely related field, by May 2023
· Evidence of experience in one or more of the following areas: PreK-12 technology integration, online learning, emerging technologies, and/or human performance improvement;
· Evidence of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations in the Instructional Technology field;
· Evidence of seeking and obtaining external grant funding;
· A track record of contributions to community-engaged, collaborative, and/or interdisciplinary projects;
· Two or more years of PreK-12 classroom teaching experience in the U.S.;
· A track record of college-level teaching;
· Experience in developing and delivering online courses;
· A track record of service in local, national, and/or international professional organizations and agencies.
Interested candidates should submit application materials online at the TTU Personnel Employment website: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25898&siteid=5637#jobDetails=760010_5637
Please submit (a) a letter of application; (b) curriculum vitae; (c) unofficial graduate transcripts
For more information about the search, contact the faculty search committee chair, Dr. Fethi Inan at Fethi.Inan@ttu.edu
University of California Los Angeles
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. UCLA Spanish and Portuguese Assistant Professor —…View Job
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant or Associate Professor Director of Bands…View Job