Job TitleLibrarian (Annual Contract)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Auburn Hills, MI US
Deadline June 06, 2022
Contact Name Human Resources
Department Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit oaklandcc.hiretouch.com.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Oakland Community College (OCC), a multi-campus institution in Oakland County, Michigan is actively seeking one full-time, annual contract Library faculty beginning in mid-August 2022 at out Auburn Hills Campus (in Auburn Hills, MI). This contract is renewable each year up to a maximum of five years. OCC seeks librarians who value diversity, shared responsibility, open communication, personal empowerment, integrity, and ethical commitment. A commitment to using current and emerging technologies to enhance teaching and learning is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience providing reference services both on-site and virtually
- Ability to prepare, develop, deliver, and assess instruction to students in various modalities (online, in-person, in classroom, and at reference desk)
- Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy best practices and trends in academic libraries
- Knowledge of current instructional pedagogy involving student engagement through active learning and in conjunction with established student-learning outcomes
- Ability to create and cultivate ongoing relationships with classroom faculty regarding their on-site and virtual library instruction and research needs
- Experience developing on-site and virtual collections
- Experience integrating emerging technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Knowledge of current trends and technology applications relevant to library services and instruction
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to develop a culture of inclusive excellence in teaching, learning, and student success
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- OER (Open Education Resources) experience including, but not limited to:
- Facilitating and supporting OER initiatives
- Develops and co-facilitates training workshops on OER and providing relevant copyright information to faculty
- Serving as an OER resource for faculty in the adoption or adaptation of OER
- Demonstrated experience with trends and best practices in OER
- Knowledge of major OER repositories and open training materials, specifically for higher education
- Serving on committees and participate in meetings that are directly relevant to OER
- Experience providing library services to students enrolled in engineering, manufacturing, and/or industrial technology programs preferred.
MINIMUM EDICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Master’s degree or higher in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) to three (3) years of recent experience in librarianship, preferably at the community college or university level
Offering nearly 100 degrees and certificates, OCC is Michigan’s largest multi-campus community college and No. 1 transfer institution in the state. The College provides academic, career training and enriching experiences, designed to empower students to reach their potential and enhance our community. More than 1 million students have enrolled in the College since it opened in 1965. A seven-person Board of Trustees governs OCC. Board members are elected on a non-partisan, at-large basis, serve as volunteers and are not paid. Mission statement: OCC is committed to empowering our students to succeed and advancing our community.
Additionally, Oakland Community College is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all employees. We aim to honor the diversity of our employees in all forms, including race, socio-economic status, ethnicity, gender identity, religious affiliation, national origin, educational background, citizenship, disabilities (visible and invisible), neurodiversity, age, political views, family status, and sexual orientation. The employees of OCC make up a multicultural community with different experiences and backgrounds that empower students to succeed.
Johns Hopkins University - Bloomberg School of Public Health
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The Department of International Health seeks a…View Job