Job TitleDirector of Admissions
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Spokane, WA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Director of Admissions
Salary: $85,687.00 – $90,727.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Location: Whitworth University Campus
As the Director of Admissions at Whitworth University, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the recruitment strategy and achieving undergraduate enrollment goals for Whitworth University. This leadership position requires a dynamic individual capable of overseeing recruitment initiatives, managing enrollment strategies, fostering effective communication, and ensuring the success of campus visit programs. The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience in team leadership, strategic enrollment management, marketing, and territory management.
Application review will begin on February 19, 2024.
Recruitment Leadership | 40%
• Oversee hiring, training, coaching and team-building for all admissions recruitment and front-office staff.
• Participate in planning and leading regular admissions retreats and professional development.
• Engage all staff members in advancing the goals of the department and the university.
• Prepare and communicate regular performance reviews with ongoing feedback throughout the year.
• Establish territory management goals and oversee development and implementation of recruitment strategy for all territory managers.
• Oversee the process to hire, train, schedule and supervise student workers.
Strategic Enrollment Management | 30%
• Partner with the Vice President and Asst. VP for Student Financial Services in developing and implementing strategies to achieve the university’s undergraduate enrollment goals.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in recruitment of traditional undergraduate students.
• Participate in selection and engagement of key enrollment vendors and consultants.
• Work closely with the Director of Enrollment Operations to ensure management of data and systems support recruitment, admissions, communications and campus visits to achieve enrollment goals.
Marketing & Communication | 15%
• Collaborate with the Vice President and Asst. Director of Admissions Marketing in developing and implementing recruitment marketing and communications plan.
• Partner closely with team members and University Marketing & Communications to develop and manage an integrated marketing communications plan to engage prospective students and parents, through print, email, web, calling, social media, texting and in-person outreach.
• Oversee engagement with college search sites and other third-party vendors to market and promote Whitworth and generate inquiries from future students.
Campus Visits | 10%
• Oversee the campus visit program and work with the Asst. Director for Campus Visits to plan and implement successful campus visit programs.
• Review visit evaluations and direct updates/improvements as appropriate.
• Promote and participate in on-campus visit programs for prospective students and families, involving several weekend commitments throughout the school year.
• Speak publicly to groups ranging from 1-300 visiting students and parents on the distinctive mission and educational experience available at Whitworth.
Territory Management | 5%
• Manage a small recruitment territory, including maintaining historical records of travel, key school/alumni contacts, regional higher education trends, and outcomes.
• Engage a diverse group of prospective students in ongoing communication through face-to-face meetings, email, written correspondence, phone calls, texting and social media. Maintain a strong customer service orientation with personalized and timely responses to inquiries and questions.
• Review and evaluate undergraduate admissions applications to make admission decisions in accordance with admitting guidelines and goals.
Minimum Qualifications | Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A bachelor’s degree is required and Whitworth considers candidates with a wide range of educational backgrounds. We value the skills and knowledge candidates bring to Whitworth, regardless of the paths they have taken to acquire them.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in admissions or related roles within an educational institution.
• Proven track record of successful leadership and management in admissions, demonstrating the ability to meet enrollment goals and improve overall efficiency.
• In-depth understanding of the admissions process, including recruitment strategies, application evaluation, and enrollment management.
• Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in admissions, ensuring compliance with accreditation standards.
• Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities, and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives.
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
• A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
• Commitment to upholding ethical standards in admissions, ensuring equity, transparency, and compliance with all relevant policies and regulations.
Skills and Abilities
• Proven ability to lead and motivate a team, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work environment.
• Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to make strategic choices to achieve enrollment goals.
• Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills to assess admissions metrics, identify trends, and make data-supported recommendations for improvement.
• Ability to use data management systems and software for admissions purposes.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including academic departments, faculty, and community partners.
• Openness to exploring and implementing innovative and creative approaches to attract and enroll a diverse student population.
So that you know – the recruitment process for this position will remain active until a successful candidate is identified. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply before the review date!
You are on this webpage because a position at Whitworth sparked your curiosity. If you find yourself questioning hitting the apply button because you might not meet 100% of the qualifications, we think you should do it! Research continues to show that women and BIPOC candidates are less likely to hit the apply button unless they meet all the listed qualifications. One way we are working to overcome this trend is every search committee at Whitworth has a trained Equity Advocate (EA) serving on the team. Our EAs are trained to make space for committees to consider each candidate’s unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when you click apply, please know that your application is reviewed by a committee of real, living, and breathing human beings who want to understand your experience and skills to find ways you relate to the key competencies needed for success in the position.
Looking for resources to help with writing a faith statement? Check out our https://www.whitworth.edu/cms/administration/human-resource-services/faith-statement-resources/ for more information.
Learn more about our shared work to achieve and sustain inclusive excellence https://www.whitworth.edu/cms/administration/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, sex, or disability. With our Christ-centered commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4928865
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Director of the Strategic Learning Center…View Job
Purchase College, SUNY
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Director of the Conservatory of Music and…View Job
Ferris State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ferris.edu. Manager of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving…View Job