Job TitleDirector of Government Relations and Special Projects
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Ogden, UT
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Director of Government Relations and Special Projects
Requisition Number: S01626P:
Position Category: Staff
Campus Location: Weber State University – Ogden, UT
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: 12
Alternate Work Schedule:
Pay Grade: E34
Hourly Pay Rate:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Weber State University (WSU) seeks applications for the full-time position of Director of Government Relations and Special Projects. Reporting to the Vice President of University Advancement and working closely with the Office of the President, the Director will be responsible for representing WSU’s interests to governmental entities at local, state, and national levels, assisting in the coordination of efforts across the university related to government and community relations, and supporting other university projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, communications, social sciences, public relations, humanities, or a related field.
• Minimum of three years of progressive work and management experience in government, political organizations, policy or higher education industry groups, or corporations that includes experience in government and legislative processes at the local, state, and/or national level.
• Master’s degree in political science, public administration, communications, social sciences, public relations, humanities, or a related field
• Minimum of one year of progressive work and management experience in government, political organizations, policy or higher education industry groups, or corporations that includes experience in government and legislative processes at the local, state, and/or national level.
• Additional advanced degrees or work experience in related fields.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated knowledge of higher education policy, particularly related to the financing and governance of public, regional, and/or open-enrollment institutions.
• Proven track record of teamwork and collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders that are both internal and external to the organization.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with public officials, their staff, community stakeholders, campus colleagues, and students.
• Successful experience in public advocacy.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, leadership, and critical thinking skills.
• Evidence of commitment to inclusive excellence and building a community of belonging.
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Job Open Date: 11/29/2023
Review Date: 12/16/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Notes to Applicant:
If you are passionate about what you could offer and accomplish here at WSU, we would love to hear from you. The annual salary for this position starts at $70,000 and may go up from there depending on candidate qualifications. The position comes with a generous https://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/HumanResources/Benefits%20Overview/Exempt%20Benefits%202023-24.pdf?_gl=1*i8k4jr*_ga*NTk3NTk4ODMuMTYyNTI0NjM0Ng..*_ga_NBZY81HSZM*MTcwMTExNjM4Ny45My4xLjE3MDExMTY5MDAuMC4wLjA..
To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, current resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For qualification determination, your application and/or resume must address the required and preferred qualifications and must contain average number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be considered incomplete.
Screening of applications will begin December 16, 2023. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Physical Activity of this position: Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time. , Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another., Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance.
Physical Requirements of this position: Light work. Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls exerting forces greater than that for sedentary work.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision: Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading., Required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4826722
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Purchase College, SUNY
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Director of the Conservatory of Music and…View Job