Dean of Education and Behavioral SciencesWayne State College
Job TitleDean of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range -
Location Wayne, NE US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name INQUIRIES AND QUESTIONS ONLY
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com.
Wayne State College
School of Education & Behavioral Sciences
Dean of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist Wayne State College in its search for Dean of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
For full consideration, please apply by June 9th.
Wayne State College, a success story in higher ed, is enjoying year over year graduate and undergraduate enrollment growth of 28% as well as increased retention. Additionally, the College has made significant capital investments including major renovations of residence halls, Performing Arts Center, School of Education building, and is about to embark on a $26M Athletic Facility.
The Dean of Education and Behavioral Sciences position is a 12-month administrative position that encompasses both leadership and administrative managerial roles. This role assumes primary responsibility and oversight of personnel, activities, budgets, and facilities in the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the successful candidate will boast a record of scholarship and research, a keen understanding of P-12 /post-secondary education, and a successful entrepreneurial management style allied with a forward-thinking contemporary institution of higher education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Dean of Education and Behavioral Sciences include but may not be limited to:
· Assuming primary responsibility for functions related to academic accreditation and external oversight.
· Leading and managing faculty to ensure all accreditation/oversight requirements for specialized programs (such as those of Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education in Nebraska) are met and reports are filed correctly and in a timely manner.
· Assisting the Vice President for Academic Affairs with issues related to curriculum policy and procedure.
· Working with programs and the Registrar to oversee and schedule curriculum and catalog changes.
· Assisting the Vice President for Academic Affairs with development and maintenance of the budgets for accreditation/oversight.
· Facilitating the connection between program accreditation and assessment.
· Representing the school in administrative and academic matters including recommendations to Dean’s Council, Academic Council, President’s Staff, and student services regarding programming, student engagement and success, and program needs.
· Coordinating and implementing appropriate technology, pedagogy, modes of delivery, and student learning paths to advance degree completion and retention.
· Administering school faculty and staff employment recommendations, evaluations, and professional development.
· Providing coherence and coordination of school activities related to curriculum development and implementation in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, programmatic and individual course offerings, and scheduling, as well as assessment and improvement of academic programs and learning outcomes in partnership with the other deans who are responsible for the academic campus-wide leadership of curriculum and assessment.
· Serving as the responsible budget officer for the school; exercising budgetary oversight, supervising the handling of monies and budgetary needs.
· Communicating, collaborating, and building consensus effectively and appropriately with all members of the campus community.
· Managing student, staff, and faculty relation issues within the school and addressing and/or resolving conflicts in a productive and fair manner.
· Overseeing Education and Behavioral Sciences programs, including student concerns and problems for education majors, managing the gateways for entrance and exit from teacher education programs, evaluating transfer credit and substitutions for education majors, CAEP/NCATE, graduate programs, and other related items.
· Overseeing curriculum matters: scheduling spring, summer and fall courses (classes, rooms, course cancellations); templates; independent study requests; requests for incompletes; requests for grade changes; requests to take final exams early; course substitutions.
· Spearheading transfer agreements with Director of Records.
· Acting as content manager for assigned websites.
· Maintaining positive relationships with external constituents.
· Participating in and/or leading other tasks as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
· Earned Doctorate and higher education teaching and/or administrative leadership experience.
· Experience with specialized accreditation and facilitation of program assessment.
· Demonstrated record of teaching, scholarship or creative activities, and service in higher education.
· Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to foster strategic partnerships with regional stakeholders.
· Experience with Education and Behavioral Sciences accreditation (CAEP, CACREP) and delivery of online/distance education programs preferred.
· Certification as a PK-12 teacher/administrator is preferred.
About the Institution
Wayne State College serves as a model of success for regional public higher education. Investments in infrastructure and facilities, expanded academic programs and partnerships, a whole-campus approach to recruitment and retention, and a commitment to strategic planning have yielded 28% growth in enrollment during the past six years, soaring to more than 4,500 students.
Increased opportunities at Wayne State have not come with a higher price tag for students. Our aggressive work to keep costs down while leveraging scholarships and aid have resulted in the average indebtedness for graduates decreasing each year for the past four years, from $23,599 to $18,088, while the percentage of students graduating with zero debt has grown to 35% from 31% during the same period.
The College’s momentum is sustained by a data-driven blueprint that aims to inspire students, strengthen communities, and serve our region. Our goals are clear: continually improve retention and graduation rates, provide high-quality academic programs and campus facilities, support workforce and economic development in the region, maintain affordability and access, and manage resources for sustainability.
Our physical campus is beautiful and well-positioned to meet our needs. Careful planning and stewardship have resulted in the renovation of Benthack Hall as the site for the School of Education and Behavioral Sciences. This fully renovated facility provides students with an engaging learning environment focused on teacher education and counseling. Additionally, the campus built a new Center for Applied Technology, several completely renovated residence halls, academic buildings, and athletic facilities, and an inviting Campus Commons area at the center of a 128-acre campus that speaks directly to visitors about the pride we have in our history and traditions.
Alongside our commitment to the physical campus, the College’s vision, mission, and core values precisely define our highest aspirations, our commitment to the students we educate, and the guidance we have set for ourselves and our important work.
Our vision states that “Wayne State creates an environment of rigorous teaching, active learning, and meaningful service that engages students on a path to transformational leadership.” Our mission states that “Wayne State inspires students through access to affordable, high quality academic programs, personalized support services, and a culture committed to diversity, sustainability, and creativity. The College strengthens communities by engaging students in experiential learning and leadership opportunities. Wayne State serves the region through cultural opportunities, strategic partnerships, and innovative economic development programs.”
We believe in ourselves and work hard each day to help our community achieve its dreams. The College’s core values are around diversity, engaged learning, sustainability, innovation and agility, partnerships, and culture and community, and guide the strategies and the execution of the mission while serving as the foundation for Wayne State’s work.
Wayne State started its life as a Normal School in 1891, became a state school in 1910, and was renamed Wayne State College by the Nebraska legislature in 1963. We have become a leading comprehensive college in Northeast Nebraska, with 15 academic departments within four academic schools and more than 130 career pathways.
Wayne State students, staff, faculty, alumni, and friends hold this institution in high regard for a reason. The College was borne out of the hard work, tenacity, and grit of early leaders and has been sustained and advanced by the same spirit throughout its history. We invite prospective students and employees to join us on our mission. Learn more at http://www.wsc.edu.
Living in the Area
Located in scenic northeast Nebraska, Wayne offers the vibrancy of a small college town combined with an outdoor lover’s dream with rolling hills and prairies. The area is rich with hiking and mountain bike trails as well as beautiful State Parks and the Lewis & Clark recreation center. In addition, Wayne enjoys a cost of living 16.2% lower than the national average. The public schools in Wayne are consistently rated above average. Additionally, Wayne residents enjoy low crime rates and lower than the national average housing prices.
Wayne is southwest of Sioux City, Iowa; northwest of Omaha, Nebraska; and north of Lincoln, Nebraska. Wayne is less than 2 hours from Omaha, Nebraska’s largest city offering every recreational and cultural amenity including restaurants, shopping, museums, zoos, aquariums, and theatre. The Old Market and its cobblestone streets are lined with galleries, shops, breweries, and restaurants.
For full consideration, please apply by June 9th.
To be viewed by the search firm, you must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjymndgj
Please apply through the application link and do not email applications.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Ideally cover letters should not exceed two pages. All applications are treated confidentially.
Inquiries, referrals, and nominations are also treated confidentially.
Inquiries and questions: Please send to WSCDeanEducation@acesrch.com
Nominations and referrals: Please send the nominees’ name, title, and contact information if available to firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution’s EEO Statement
The Nebraska State Colleges are equal opportunity institutions and do not discriminate against any student, employee, or applicant based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities. Each College has designated an individual to coordinate the Colleges’ non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinators assigned at each College and identified on each College website.
General Counsel, Secretary of the Board of Governors and University Privacy Officer
Toronto Metropolitan University
To apply for this job please visit careers.torontomu.ca. About Toronto Metropolitan At the intersection of…View Job
Dean, School of Pharmacy
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. South University Dean, School of Pharmacy …View Job
Ames National Laboratory
To apply for this job please visit www.ameslab.gov. Ames National Laboratory, Laboratory Director Ames…View Job
Executive Director, Center for Governance and Markets
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Title: Executive Director, Center for Governance and Markets…View Job