Job TitleWork Study Coordinator – Coordinator I Special Programs
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 40,000-42,000
Location Arlington, TX US
Deadline February 26, 2022
Contact Name Myra Zimmerman
Department UTA Lockheed Martin Career Development Center
The Work Study Coordinator will coordinate the Job Location and Development program, a federally funded program that assists current students seeking employment, including part-time, temporary, seasonal, and full-time (non-degree required). Will work with Student Employment team to build and promote the work-study programs to employers, departments, and students to increase participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and maintains relationships with employers and departments who are interested in offering paid part-time/full-time off-campus positions for currently enrolled UTA students, including internships, and work-study positions. Includes in person site visits.
2. Determines if the appropriate contracts and paperwork has been received from employers, and adjusts procedures as needed.
3. Collects hiring information from employers and students for the Job Locations and Development program.
4. Assists with posting/approving positions, including work-study and on-campus positions, in the Handshake database, and contacts employers/departments when additional information or documentation is needed.
5. Collaborate with the Office of Financial Aid by assisting with the preparation of the year-end FISAP report concerning the Job Location and Development Grant and work-study positions, includes collecting data and maintaining records. Also assisting with the collection of employer work-study billing documents.
6. Organizes and maintains filing systems, maintains confidential records, and accesses student information.
7. Assist the Student Employment team with job-fairs, workshops, tabling and events around work-study opportunities.
8. Provide support in the development of marketing strategies to reach out to employers, students, and academic departments regarding the work-study programs/job opportunities.
9. Attend conferences and workshops regarding job development and work-study in student employment (NSEA).
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must. Strong oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Two years of customer service or human resources experience. Handshake Experience. Experience working in a full-time professional position in a university or college. Knowledge of Federal work-study program, Texas work-study program, Job Location and Development grant, relevant labor laws, and/or Student Employment processes. Proficiency in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
General office conditions, with the majority of time spent working at a computer. Professional activities and participation in Student Affairs may include off site meetings. Repetitive use of keyboard at work station. Use of manual dexterity. Ability to lift up to 25lbs. Security sensitive, criminal background check conducted.
UTA currently requires periodic COVID-19 testing for all employees. Testing available onsite.
For information about benefits please visit the following link:
University of Minnesota Medical School
To apply for this job please visit hr.myu.umn.edu. Education Director 9745S3 – Education Program Specialist…View Job
Academic Counselor, Generalist (Student Services Professional III) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Academic Counselor, Generalist (Student Services Professional III)…View Job
Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional II) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional II)…View Job