Job TitleDirector, University Centers
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 90,000 minimum
Location Stevens Point, WI US
Application Deadline November 04, 2022
Contact Name Kim Siclovan
Department Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Phone US +1 (715) 346-2481
Job Summary: The Director of University Centers is responsible for meeting the diverse needs of an actively engaged student population with a strong focus on social justice. The Director will direct strategic planning, programming, staff management and budget planning to promote student learning, engagement, and development.
Scope of Responsibility: The Director of the University Centers is responsible for the supervision, administration and direction of the University Centers including the programs, services, operations, personnel, and budgets. The major units include Campus Activities and Student Engagement (CASE), Fitness and Recreation, building operations for the Dreyfus University Center and Allen Center, and a variety of service units. The Director will facilitate the management of several campus contracts including banking, vending, bookstore, and text rental services. The Director will manage multisource budgets and assist in the development and facilitation of services provided to the two branch campuses.
The Director of the University Centers reports to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. The Director is also accountable to students through the shared governance process.
• Serve as the face of the organization through the roles of primary spokesperson and decision maker for the University Centers.
• Establish, advance, and evaluate priorities for the University Centers in coordination with the Division of Student Affairs and the campus that meet the needs of students and the campus community.
• Establish a marketing and organizational communications plan for the University Centers that ensures consistent, coordinated, and cohesive messaging and marketing for all units within the University Centers that meets campus standards and engages our audiences through a variety of media.
• Provide contract oversight for contracts including campus banking functions, bookstore and text rental, hair salon and campus vending. Participate fully in the development and oversight of additional contracts as requested by the campus administration.
• Under delegated authority from the Chancellor and following all state and campus policies, review and sign entertainment contracts developed by the CASE units for campus programming.
• Organize and provide direction for the student leadership award programs including the University Leadership Awards, the Chancellor’s Leadership Award, and the Albertson Award.
Personnel Management: (20%)
• Provide direct (3) and indirect supervision (12) to the professional staff in the unit.
• Create departmental wide standards for performance and expectations while providing processes to monitor standards.
• Complete periodic review of staff responsibilities and workload for equity and appropriateness
• Develop and facilitate programs for training and professional development that meet the needs of the specific units and support the Student Affairs professional development program.
• Complete all payroll processes for employees including payroll, leave recording, compensation reviews and FMLA (Family and Medical Leave) as needed.
Fiscal Oversight: (20%)
• Create a strategic financial plan that guides the development of the multi sourced budgets.
• Working with the campus requirements establish budget guidelines and timelines for unit managers.
• Establish spending plans and regular ongoing reviews of the plans with the unit managers.
• Engage with student leaders in the shared governance process to provide budget materials that are transparent and show student engagement led budget decisions.
• Using current enrollment data, make budget adjustments to programs, operations and services as required or allowed by the data.
• Provide ongoing training for budget managers in budgeting expectations, management of going budgets, forecasting and adherence to spending plans.
• Working through the professional staff, ensure that University Centers programs, services and operations show support of and a commitment to equity for all people, and support diversity in all forms.
• Engage with the professional and student staff through active involvement with the programs and services provided by the staff through attendance and participation.
• Represent the University Centers at student and campus activities and programs sponsored by other Student Affairs units.
• Serve as an administrative liaison to the Student Government Association and other student shared governance groups as requested.
• Foster strong alliances and relationships with student leaders and student organizations to ensure the University Centers continue to make their needs a priority.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Housing and Residence Life, the Director of Dining and Summer Conferences and the Director of Conference and Event Services to develop strong partnerships with these units through regular and ongoing communication.
• Student Employment Program Direction and Leadership (15%)
• Provide overall direction and leadership for the management of the University Centers’ student employment program.
• Provide direct supervision to the University Centers Student Employment Coordinator, University Centers Payroll Coordinator, and CPR Instructor.
• Serve as the full-time staff facilitator to the Student Supervisory Staff consisting of student managers from all University Centers’ units.
• Create and manage a process to ensure that background and grade point checks of new and continuing students follow campus guidelines for accessing confidential information.
• Implement an annual review of the program and policies governing this program that encourages retention of staff as employees and ongoing students.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least 7 years of increasing supervisory, administrative, and leadership responsibility in a higher education setting. Strategic planning and assessment experience related to budgets and overarching university and departmental planning priorities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, multiple source fiscal experience, and demonstrated experience working closely with college students engaged in various shared governance and leadership roles.
Assistant Learning Designer / Associate Learning Designer / Learning Designer / Senior Learning Designer – Gies College of Business
Gies College of Business
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. Assistant Learning Designer / Associate Learning Designer…View Job
Gies College of Business
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. The Teaching and Learning team is a…View Job