Director of University DiningUniversity of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Job TitleDirector of University Dining
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range $ 95,000 minimum
Location Stevens Point, WI US
Application Deadline June 11, 2023
Contact Name Kim Siclovan
Department Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Phone US +1 (715) 346-2481
To apply for this job please visit www3.uwsp.edu.
Under general supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and working in conjunction with the Director of University Centers and the Director of Housing and Residence Life, this position is responsible for residential, retail, and catering services. University Dining is a student-centered department under the Division of Student Affairs. University Dining places a strong emphasis on quality, value, student employment, and sustainability.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Food Service Director provides leadership, direction, and vision to coordinate and manage the Division’s self-operated and self-supporting dining operations; oversees the dining management staff; maintains best practices in purchasing, storing, and handling of food; ensures proper standards of sanitation, food handling, and safety; short and long range planning for equipment and facility needs; reviews hiring, training and discipline of all dining service employees; and models customer service behavior and standards in all areas. The Director develops and administers operating budgets and provides required financial reports; maintains favorable relations with employees, customers, and university staff; and works closely with academic areas on joint endeavors and the provision of opportunities for class related experiences. The Director of University Dining directly supervises the core leadership team and provides oversight to all full-time and student staff.
Administrative and Management Functions (60%)
- Provide vision and leadership to Dining and Catering.
- Establish and review mission and objectives for the department, both long and short term.
- Establish and administer standard policies and procedures for the department.
- Continue and grow University Dining’s commitment that supports sustainability, local sources, and green initiatives as supported by AASHE and industry standards.
- Ensure proper administration and use of a menu management system, point of sale software and any other computerized management systems of University Dining.
- Ensure equipment and facility needs are met by utilizing the capital planning process.
- Develop and administer operating budget, monitor costs and revenues, and provide required and industry standard financial data and analysis.
- Supervise the selection, training, discipline, and evaluation of University Dining staff.
- Ensure a properly functioning student employment program, utilizing student managers and student general staff.
- Supervise the RFP process, food purchasing, production, distribution, and service in all University Dining areas.
- Continually develop dining initiatives which appeal to a broad base of customers.
- Ensure financial responsibility and efficiencies in operations are an on-going priority.
- Administer the Wisconsin State Liquor Licensing Act and the UW-Stevens Point Alcohol Policy in conjunction with the Catering manager.
- Develop marketing plans and oversee implementation, including the use of social media.
- Develop and implement additional revenue streams.
- Ensure a safe and sanitary workplace and work closely with the county health department.
- Be an active participant in local, state, and national professional organizations (such as NACUFS and/or NACAS) related to food service or auxiliary services, stay abreast of industry and culinary trends and legal issues, and ensure University Dining stays on the leading edge of change in the industry. Maintain the reputation of University Dining in national NACUFS competition for Horton Dining Awards.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other departments in Student Affairs and the University to further the success of individual and joint goals.
Assessment and Customer Satisfaction (30%)
- Establish and meet with representative student groups (Dining Advisory Board, SGA, RHA) to solicit feedback regarding products, operations, and policy.
- Survey and analyze student attitudes and opinions regarding University Dining.
- Survey and analyze faculty/staff and catering clientele regarding University Dining.
- Ensure special events and programs to meet customer needs, desires, and preferences.
- Be available to individual students/staff/customers in an on-going capacity.
- Work cooperatively with internal customers and departments to provide assistance in achieving goals and objectives of the division.
University-Wide Considerations (10%)
- Support and enhance the University’s commitment to a supportive campus environment.
- Provide opportunities for student learning experiences related to academic studies, including but not limited to: food service, dietetics, sustainability, business administration, and marketing.
- Provide an open and welcoming customer service philosophy with employees, alumni, university staff, and community members.
- Serve on University-wide committees and task forces as requested.
Director, University Communications
University of Maine
To apply for this job please visit umaine.hiretouch.com. Statement of the Job: Under the direction…View Job
Director of MBA and Graduate Programs (Associate/Full Professor Rank)
St. Mary's University
To apply for this job please visit stmarytx.applicantpro.com. The Greehey School of Business at St….View Job
CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, INTEGRATED MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, INTEGRATED MARKETING AND…View Job
ACADEMIC DIRECTOR AND CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. ACADEMIC DIRECTOR AND CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PROJECT…View Job