Job TitleChief of Staff, Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range -
Location Philadelphia, PA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Maria DeQuinque
Chief of Staff, Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination or a University authorized exemption is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements, visit the https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/ for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Chief of Staff, Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES) provides the expertise, business process, policies and standards required to plan, design, construct, operate, maintain and renew the physical assets of the University, excluding the health system. In addition, the Division, comprised of approximately five Departments, is responsible for the strategic planning, management and operation of non-academic University property, and collaborating with the neighborhood to create a safe, diverse and economically vibrant destination. With close to 12M square feet of space, FRES maintains 186 buildings on a campus of 276 acres, completes over 60,000 maintenance requests per year, and starts approximately 250 projects a year. FRES is comprised of the following Departments: Administration, Office of the University Architect, Design and Construction, Real Estate, Operations and Maintenance.
The University of Pennsylvania is implementing a campus transformation entitled Penn Connects (http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu). This comprehensive, award winning effort is expanding the campus over the next 20 years, including the construction of new academic research and recreational facilities. In addition, the University has secured $300M in Century Bond funding and continues to upgrade existing facilities over the coming years. https://www.facilities.upenn.edu/
Chief of Staff, Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services
The Chief of Staff (CoS) for the Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services (FRES) reports directly to the Sr. Vice President for FRES. The CoS acts as a trusted advisor to the Sr. Vice President, FRES. Keeps the Sr. Vice President informed and organized on all internal and external commitments, communications, and events. The CoS will provide support, related to engagements with internal and external stakeholders and will contribute to the organization of the day-to-day activities of the Sr. Vice President’s office, as well as perform responsibilities to execute the mission of the Sr. Vice President’s Office and FRES.
Responsibilities / Duties:
Project Management: The CoS provides support for strategy, execution, project management and is critical to supporting the Sr. VP and FRES Leadership Team. Anticipating the needs of the Sr. VP, the CoS will coordinate and manage high level projects among university and FRES team members. The Cos will assist the Sr. Vice President in furthering priorities by acting as a liaison to several university partners.
Manage highly critical and sensitive strategic planning, administrative, operational, and communication matters. Track key issues for Sr. VP, FRES to ensure responses are timely, professional, complete and consistent.
Strategy Planning and Analysis: In conjunction with the Sr. VP, oversees critical and sensitive strategic priority setting, collection and reports on effectiveness of implemented priorities and strategies. Independently researches, collects and compiles information from various sources; drafts and edits reports, presentations and summaries for response to executive inquiries.
CoS is also responsible for measuring and enhancing the delivery of stakeholder satisfaction, project management of key initiatives, program development and benchmarking FRES services against peer institutions nationwide.
Communications: Acts as liaison for Sr. VP FRES includes interfacing with internal and external stakeholders including staff, faculty, students, senior university administrators, government and corporate leaders. In collaboration with FRES Communications Director drafts, prepares and edits reports, presentations, special projects and correspondence.
Administration: In coordination with Executive Assistant and Administrative Coordinator, CoS will triage activities, meetings and events, including compiling and preparing materials. Independently research, compose and respond to inquiries.
Acts as a consultative role with the five Executive Directors and two Directors of the seven departments within FRES and on all divisional administrative matters in relation to Division-wide projects and special events. Tracks key issues and ensure confidential, timely and professional responses.
Participates in meetings and committees; accurately represent the Sr. VP’s position to help drive understanding and move decision-making forward.
Perform additional duties as assigned
• A Bachelors Degree with 7-10 years progressively responsible and related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide sound professional judgement.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a high-paced environment.
• Confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid and demonstrated Project management experience and skills.
• Ability to develop and execute on long range strategic goals.
• Ability to balance long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
• Ability to build collaborative networks and teams, managing sensitive relationships.
Targeted Pay Range: $120K-$130K
This Targeted Pay Range is only applicable to this job posting. All salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
*** For consideration, interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position, is preferred.***
Job Location – City, State
Department / School
General University Special
$90,860.00 – $142,844.66
Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4023158
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Robert Morris University
To apply for this job please visit www.helblingsearch.com. Position Summary & Responsibilities Reporting directly to…View Job
University of Vermont
To apply for this job please visit www.uvmjobs.com. The University of Vermont (UVM) is seeking…View Job