Executive Assistant to the DeansUniversity of Oregon
Job TitleExecutive Assistant to the Deans
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Eugene, OR US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Executive Assistant to the Deans
Job no: 531766
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support
Department: College of Education, Office of the Dean
Classification: Executive Support Specialist 2
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $18.92 – $28.59 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
May 30, 2023; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to be considered, complete applications must be submitted by the review date and include the following along with the online application:
• A cover letter highlighting how your knowledge, skills, and experience qualify you for each of the requirements, competencies, and if applicable, preferred qualifications outlined in the job posting
• A resume of your professional work experience, education, and any relevant certifications
The COE at the UO is a community of leading researchers and practitioners dedicated to transformational scholarship, integrated teaching, and collaborative practice designed to enhance individual lives and systems within a culture that values diversity and promotes respect and inclusion. The COE is home to 3 academic departments, 14 academic degree programs, 14 research and outreach units, the HEDCO Clinic, and the HEDCO Institute for Evidence-Based Educational Practice. Our goal at the COE is to set our graduates on career-long paths to purposeful, reflective, creative, and meaningful careers; addressing inequity and racial injustice is a thread that runs through our majors and programs while focusing on critical and effective pedagogies.
This position is located in the College of Education’s Faculty and Staff Services Office / Office of the Dean. The office is the central administrative unit for the college. Functions of the College’s central administrative unit have an effect on the entire college as well as external alumni, donors and community partners.
For more information about the College of Education (COE) please visit: https://education.uoregon.edu/
The Executive Assistant to the Deans is a key administrative role within the College of Education’s Faculty and Staff Services Office / Office of the Dean. The position provides executive-level administrative support to the Assistant and Associate Deans. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work independently, anticipate problems, and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
This position has a broad set of responsibilities related to the duties of the executive leadership of the College of Education including serving as the primary contact for all matters related to the Assistant/Associate Deans schedules and activities, drafting and editing correspondence, arranging travel, and working closely with the Faculty and Staff Services Office / Office of the Dean staff and campus partners to support the college’s Initiatives.
The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. Members of the Faculty and Student Services Office approach their work with a high level of professionalism and a customer service orientation. The office is a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
This position will also be required to assist with approximately six meetings a year that are in the evenings.
The Executive Assistant is supervised by the Assistant Dean for Administration, Equity and Inclusion.
• One year of experience performing administrative duties in support of agency projects or programs. Qualifying experience would involve data collection and analysis; project evaluation and/or analysis; interpretation and application of laws, rules, and regulations; or similar experience.
• Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively (in writing, in person, on the phone) with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to show initiative and confidence in making independent decisions; knowing when and to whom to refer a wide range of problems and inquiries.
• Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills, precise and thorough while processing administrative data.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy (maintaining confidentiality when necessary).
• Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Proactive customer service skills.
• Ability to understand and follow applicable guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proofreading/editing skills.
• Experience working in an institution of higher education.
• Experience using UO Curriculum and Assessment Systems: UO Banner database, or similar CRM databases; Courseleaf or similar; Tk20 or similar.
• Experience with web publishing.
• Experience providing executive support including calendaring and scheduling for an executive, director, or dean.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at mailto:email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the http://studentlife.uoregon.edu/nondiscrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4201386
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Journeyman Electrician (State Certified; Onsite)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Journeyman Electrician (State Certified; Onsite) The Claremont…View Job
Jewish Chaplain (Onsite; 10-Months)
Jewish Chaplain (Onsite; 10-Months)
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Jewish Chaplain (Onsite; 10-Months) The Claremont Colleges…View Job
Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Librarian for Student Services
University of California Davis
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Librarian for…View Job
Faculty Diversity Internship Program- Vocational Nursing
Long Beach Community College District
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Faculty Diversity Internship Program- Vocational Nursing …View Job