Job TitleEducation Director – Clinical Immersions & Transitions
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ $80,000.00 - $90,000.00, DOQ
Location Minneapolis, MN US
Deadline August 22, 2022
Contact Name Dallas Reding
Department Medical School Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit hr.myu.umn.edu.
9745S3 – Education Program Specialist 3
Office of Medical Education – Clinical Immersion & Transitions
Under the oversight of the Assistant Dean for Curriculum, Clinical Immersion and Transitions, the Director of Clinical Immersion and Transitions (aka, Clinical Science, Clerkships) will partner with the Director of Foundations and Pathways (aka, Basic Science, Pre-Clerkship) and the Director of Instructional Design to maintain and deliver the legacy Clinical Sciences (aka, Clerkships) Curriculum through the spring of 2026. Starting immediately, the team will work collaboratively with the Instruction Design Team to design, plan, launch and deliver the renewed Curriculum (launching spring 2025) and Specialty-specific Transitions (aka, Acting Internships/Electives, launching spring 2026) on both of the medical school’s campuses. This individual will oversee ongoing curriculum operations in the legacy Clinical Science Curriculum and the Clinical Immersion and Transitions phases on both the Twin Cities and Duluth Medical School campuses and a geographically distributed curriculum operations team implementing these phases.
Duties & Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Assistant Deans for Curriculum to develop and implement a new curricular design for the second and third phase of the renewed curriculum
- Prioritize curricular projects and develop implementation strategies and timelines
- Collaborate with curriculum personnel to understand and minimize challenges to implementation of new methods, content and schedule
- Consult with individual faculty across the school as they design, develop and execute new curricular delivery methods
- Collaborate with the Director of Workplace-based Assessment to harmonize activities and facilitate student assessment
- Serve as primary contact for external stakeholders participating in the Clinical Immersion and Transitions phases
- Collaborate with the Director of Program Evaluation to target and prioritize continuous improvement of the Clinical Immersion and Transitions phases of the Curriculum
- Manage Immersion and Transitions staff:
- direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff, including hiring and coaching
- Evaluate health system needs for delivery of education, clinical training sites; contribute to efforts in building clinical capacity
- Analyze current clinical experiences, ensure adequate curricular options exist for students, explore new models of clinical education being mindful of statewide needs and implications
- Implement strategic priorities in the Clinical Immersion and Transitions phase of the Curriculum
- Act as conduit between the Assistant Dean for Curriculum, curriculum operations staff, faculty, and students to reinforce the mission, vision, and strategic plan
- Collaborate with Director of Foundations and Pathways and the Director of Instructional Design to ensure curricular integration across all four years
- Monitor operational resources and recommend organizational changes to enhance support for faculty and students
- Collaborate with Curriculum leadership to identify opportunities for educational scholarship focused on curricular innovations and outcomes
- Advanced degree in related field, plus six years of experience in education administration, curriculum design, project management or a related field.
- Demonstrated evidence of a commitment to promoting a culture that prioritizes equity and advances diversity and inclusion of all people.
- Experience with innovation, continuous quality improvement, and change management.
Ability to work collaboratively with project staff, faculty, and administration to successfully maintain, deliver, and improve the curriculum.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong interpersonal and communications skills, effective critical thinking, and the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively and assertively to crises, workflow problems and conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and large scale projects that require meeting critical deadlines
- Experience with managing a geographically distributed team in the online environment
- Experience with leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Experience with accreditation of educational programs
- Experience with learning management systems
- Experience with educational scholarship
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for more information regarding benefits.
Academic Counselor, Generalist (Student Services Professional III) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Academic Counselor, Generalist (Student Services Professional III)…View Job
Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional II) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional II)…View Job