Job TitleBusiness Communication Lecturer – Isenberg School of Management
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Amherst, MA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Use link to apply
Email Use link to apply
About the Isenberg School of Management
The Isenberg School of Management (ISOM) is AACSB accredited, with nationally recognized undergraduate and MBA programs ranked in the top 50 and top 25 respectively, and a strong research culture with PhD specializations offered in each of our major disciplines.
About the Business Communication Program
The Business Communication Program (BCP) oversees the following core courses in the Isenberg School of Management: Transitions, a first-year seminar; Career and Professional Development, a sophomore-year course; Management Communication, our Junior Year Writing course; and Transfer Connection, a professional development course for junior transfers. The BCP is a unit of the Office of Career Success.
One full-time, non-tenure-track instructional academic position in the Business Communication Program is available beginning September 1, 2023. This position is renewable, contingent on performance, and includes full state benefits.
- Teach required Business Communication Program courses each semester.
- Provide service to the School and Program, including serving in our Business
- Communication Center, attending required meetings and events, serving on committees, and participating in business communication course design and improvement.
- Provide student feedback and grading in a timely manner.
- Hold face-to-face weekly office hours and respond to School, University, and student course-related e-mails within 48 hours during the business week.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to remain current in best practices for teaching business communication and related disciplines.
- Minimum QualificationsA master’s degree in business communication, technical communication, professional communication, general communication, business education, English, rhetoric, composition, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution by August 31, 2023.
- Three (3) years of experience teaching undergraduate business communication, technical communication, management communication, or professional communication, both written and oral, in a college or university setting.
- Three (3) years of professional work experience.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching business communication and/or related disciplines.
- Preferred QualificationsA PhD in business communication, technical communication, professional communication, general communication, business education, English, rhetoric, composition, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution by August 31, 2023.
- Experience teaching career-related content and/or other business communication content not specified above.
- Experience teaching online.
- Experience teaching MBA and other master’s candidates in a business school or college.
- Evidence of successful university teaching.
- Three (3) or more years of professional work experience in a communications-intensive role.
Along with the application, please submit the following materials:
Letter of application.
Up-to-date curriculum vitae.
Statement of teaching interests and philosophy.
Writing sample (~5 pages).
Sample syllabus from a business communication (or field-related) course.
Contact information for three (3) professional references.
Teaching evaluations or other evidence of excellence (optional).
Applications received by November 28, 2022 will receive priority consideration. The job posting may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
University of California Los Angeles
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Open Rank Professor of Racism, Health Equity,…View Job
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The School of Education at Gordon College…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Post-Doctoral Therapists (Onsite; Aug 2024 – May…View Job