Job TitleAdjunct Specialized Faculty, Open Rank Positions
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Champaign, IL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Adjunct Specialized Faculty, Open Rank Positions
School of Information Sciences
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The School of Information Sciences is accepting applications for adjunct faculty to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in a range of areas supporting the MS in Information Management, the MS in Library and Information Science, and the BS in Information Science. Courses may be scheduled on campus or online (mostly synchronous) via Canvas and Zoom. Adjunct faculty are sought for upcoming semesters starting Fall 2023.
Currently needed areas include all aspects of library and information science, but especially:
- Business analytics / business intelligence
- Data cleaning
- Data storytelling
- Data warehousing
- Database design or database scaling
- Discrete mathematics
- Information consulting and competitive intelligence
- Information modeling / first order logic & reasoning
- Law librarianship
- Library outreach and community partnerships
- Library services with and for Indigenous peoples
- Library social work
- Machine learning fundamentals or applications
- Market analysis
- Object-oriented and functional programming (all levels)
- Statistical methods and reproducibility
- Technical project management
- MS/MA or PhD in information technology, library and information science, computer science, or a related area
- Prior relevant teaching or training experience
- Relevant service in professional organizations
For full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your letter of application (including an indication of your expertise in needed curricular areas), resume, and names of three professional references February 1, 2023, or May 1, 2023.
Adjunct faculty positions remain open until they are filled.
Candidates may be offered an affiliate, non-service appointment initially; when teaching need is determined, salary and service will be commensurate with course load.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS or BA in information technology, library and information science, computer science, or a related area.
- Academic training or work experience in needed curricular areas. These areas may change depending on enrollments.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in information technology, library and information science, computer science, or a related area.
Candidates may be offered an affiliate, non-service appointment initially, when teaching need is determined salary and service will be commensurate with course load. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 5/1/2023. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on 5/1/2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact William Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1013767
Job Category: Faculty
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu. POSITION DESCRIPTION The Department of Internal Medicine,…View Job
UC Davis Health
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu. POSITION DESCRIPTION NATURE AND PURPOSE The Project…View Job
Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability
To apply for this job please visit facultypositions.stanford.edu. Stanford University invites applications for a tenure-track,…View Job
To apply for this job please visit www.sujobopps.com. Assistant Professor – Advertising Data Strategy –…View Job