Visiting Research Associate II (School Safety Climate Specialist)University of Illinois Chicago (UIC)
Job TitleVisiting Research Associate II (School Safety Climate Specialist)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Researcher/Fellowship
Salary Range -
Location Chicago, IL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name University of Illinois Chicago (UIC)
To apply for this job please visit uic.csod.com.
Visiting Research Associate II (School Safety Climate Specialist) – Job ID # 1017025
School of Public Health, Division of Health Policy and Administration
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) School of Public Healths (SPH) is seeking applicants for a Visiting Research Associate II (School Safety Climate Specialist) position to assist in developing and carrying out the STOP School Violence Program. The purpose of this project is to evaluate current school safety initiatives and develop pilot programs that will support development of more interconnected and robust school safety strategies. This position serves as Visiting Research Associate II (School Safety Climate Specialist) reporting to project Principal Investigator, Dr. Apostolis Sambanis in the UIC SPH Division of Health Policy and Administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design of an anonymous reporting app for students to disclose safety concerns, bullying incidents, potential violence or violent incidents, or other information that supports student well-being.
- Pilot the app and develop reports, including the involvement of key school personnel outlined in anti-violence protocols.
- Train school personnel and students on de-escalation practices, meditation, and other techniques that support anti-violence measures.
- Work with school district partners in school environments to identify possible issues, implement interventions and assess progress.
- Ensure that participant enrollment and research activities comply with established protocols, regulatory and monitoring agency standards, and grant sponsor guidelines.
Coordination and Communication
- Lead or support the development of technology improvements, presentations, and end products related to the school safety.
- Assist in preparing and delivering presentations and reports based on project findings following funder requirements.
- Lead and/or support the development of manuscripts and end products related to school safety strategies.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in social science, public health, education, or related field required.
- Minimum of one year related research experience, preferably related to school safety, and/or education and training.
- Experience in education related technology.
- Knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please visit https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3448?c=uic. Be sure to submit a cover letter and current resume along with your application. Please contact Susan Lynch at email@example.com or 312-996-3552 with any questions.
The University of Illinois Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
Presidential Diversity Early Career Fellowship – Postdoctoral Associate
State University of New York - Binghamton University
To apply for this job please visit binghamton.interviewexchange.com. The Thomas J. Watson College of Engineering…View Job
Visiting Research Associate II (Research Coordinator)
University of Illinois Chicago (UIC)
To apply for this job please visit uic.csod.com. Visiting Research Associate II (Research Coordinator) –…View Job
Pre-Doctoral Researcher, Center for Computational Quantum Physics (CCQ)
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. 162 Fifth Avenue Full time R0000841 POSITION…View Job
Muslim Chaplain (Onsite; 10-Months Annually)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Muslim Chaplain (Onsite; 10-Months Annually) The Claremont…View Job