Job TitleVisiting Research Associate II (Research Coordinator)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Researcher/Fellowship
Salary Range -
Location Chicago, IL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name University of Illinois Chicago (UIC)
Visiting Research Associate II (Research Coordinator) – Job ID # 1017023
School of Public Health, Division of Health Policy and Administration
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) School of Public Healths (SPH) is seeking applicants for a Visiting Research Associate II (Research Coordinator) position to manage and coordinate development and implementation of the STOP School Violence Program. The purpose of this project is to evaluate current school safety initiatives and develop pilot programs that will support development of more interconnected and robust school safety strategies. This position serves as Visiting Research Associate II (Research Coordinator) reporting to project Principal Investigator, Dr. Apostolis Sambanis in the UIC SPH Division of Health Policy and Administration. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Principal Investigator with overall project management and coordination, including developing action plans, and communicating action items.
- Organize, administer, coordinate, and follow up on all research activities at both study locations (University of Illinois Chicago-UIC and University of Minnesota-UMN).
- Assist in development, refinement, and revision of the research protocol.
- Distribute and collect surveys, schedule interviews and focus groups, track technological equipment, and support field personnel.
- Collect, process and analyze data. Summarize research results.
- Ensure that participant enrollment and research activities comply with established protocols, regulatory and monitoring agency standards, and grant sponsor guidelines.
Coordination and Communication
- Act as liaison between research teams at UIC and UMN and with school district partners, funding agency, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Schedule team meetings, take meeting notes, keep research teams organized and on track to meet award objectives.
- Assist in preparing and delivering presentations and reports based on project findings following funder requirements.
- Lead and/or support the development of manuscripts and end products related to school safety strategies.
- Manage and oversee graduate research assistants and hourly research personnel. Tasks include: o Interviewing, hiring, and managing schedules; o Coordinating and assigning tasks; o Providing guidance and training; o Reviewing work and providing feedback.
- Coordinate tasks across the project team and provide resources to those who need assistance.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in social science or related field required.
- Minimum of one year related research experience, preferably with school, school district, school related non profit partners.
- Experience developing and managing IRB protocol, civil rights and privacy protection.
- Knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please visit https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3447?c=uic. Be sure to submit a cover letter and current resume along with your application. Please contact Susan Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-996-3552 with any questions.
The University of Illinois Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
To apply for this job please visit www.westminster.edu. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE OR STUDIES TEACHING FELLOWSHIP, WESTMINSTER…View Job
University of British Columbia
To apply for this job please visit boyden.thriveapp.ly. The University of British Columbia (UBC) is…View Job