Job TitleVisiting Research Associate II – Social Sciences
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Chicago, IL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Susan Lynch
Visiting Research Associate II – Social Sciences / School of Public Health (Job ID #): 165440
Department: Health Policy and Administration
Category: Academic Professional
Close Date: 5/27/22
The of School of Public Health Division of Health Policy and Administration is seeking a Visiting Research Associate II – Social Sciences employee to coordinate project activities and collect, manage, and support data analysis according to established protocols for a practice-based evaluation. These data will inform the evaluation and support quality improvement for local health department health equity initiatives. The Research Associate II will create and maintain professional relationships through effective communication with the UIC Evaluation team, the funding agency, and partner agencies.
· Design and conduct surveys, interviews, document reviews, and exercises to document partner program activities, processes, and structures.
· Analyze survey, interview, and document review data using qualitative and quantitative methods to inform the UIC Evaluation and for use by the project funder and partner agencies.
· Assist in the provision of technical assistance for developmental evaluation to project funder and partner agencies.
Coordination and Communication
· Provide coordination of the project including support of project research assistants; scheduling, organizing, setting agendas for and facilitation of team and partner meetings; note taking; tracking project activities; and adherence to internal and external deadlines.
· Serve as point person for the evaluation team with funding and partner agencies.
· Assist in preparation and delivery of presentations and reports based on project findings in accordance with funder requirements.
· Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in public health or related field required, Master’s preferred
· A minimum of one year related research experience.
· Knowledge of public health concepts, practices and procedures.
· Understanding and experience engaging in qualitative inquiry and quantitative research.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external partners in a complex team.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks and other pre-employment assessments on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background Checks will be performed in compliance with state and federal law.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
To apply please provide a cover letter and CV as directed through https://jobs.uic.edu/ (Job ID# 165440). For questions regarding the position contact search committee coordinator Susan Lynch at email@example.com.
Assistant Learning Designer / Associate Learning Designer / Learning Designer / Senior Learning Designer – Gies College of Business
Gies College of Business
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. Assistant Learning Designer / Associate Learning Designer…View Job
Gies College of Business
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. The Teaching and Learning team is a…View Job