Job TitleAssistant Professor – Linguistic Anthropology
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location San Diego, CA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name ANTH AP Analyst
To apply for this job please visit apol-recruit.ucsd.edu.
The Department of Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in Linguistic Anthropology, to begin July 1, 2023. We seek a colleague with an imaginative, rigorous, and significant research program–the area of specialization is open–who will publish actively, teach and mentor graduate and undergraduate students, and participate in departmental service.
The Department of Anthropology is committed to academic excellence and diversity amongst faculty, staff, and students; we seek candidates whose research, teaching, and/or service prepares them to make significant contributions to equity and social justice at UCSD and beyond. We will be especially interested in candidates whose professional experience, community engagement, or personal background have prepared them particularly well to serve students from groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We recognize that the COVID-19 pandemic may have had a substantial impact on academic productivity. In your cover letter, please feel free to discuss your achievements in light of constraints on opportunity due to the pandemic.
- Basic qualifications (required at time of application) Candidates must have a PhD or be working toward completion of a PhD (ABD) in Linguistic Anthropology or a closely related field.
- Additional qualifications (required at time of start) Candidates must have a PhD in Linguistic Anthropology or a closely related field by the time of appointment.
- Preferred qualifications Preferred qualifications include an emerging scholarly contribution of note and demonstrated or promised excellence in teaching, in program leadership, and in contributions to diversity. The candidate’s research interests should complement those of existing faculty.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter – The cover letter should address research and teaching and, in a smaller measure, leadership potential.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Writing Sample – One article-length essay or dissertation chapter.
- Syllabus or Course proposal #1 (Optional)
- Syllabus or Course proposal #2 (Optional)
- Writing Sample #2 (Optional)
3-5 required (contact information only)
Please provide contact information for three required referees.
Apply link: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF03348
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University controlled properties.
The UC San Diego Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.police.ucsd.edu/docs/annualclery.pdf. This report provides crime and fire statistics, as well as institutional policy statement & procedures. Contact the UC San Diego Police Department at (858) 534-4361 if you want to obtain paper copies of this report.
To apply for this job please visit academicjobsonline.org. Open Rank, Tenure-track Faculty position with a…View Job
University of North Carolina Wilmington
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uncw.edu. Assistant/Associate Professor – Social and Cultural Foundations…View Job
To apply for this job please visit www.ottawa.edu. English Faculty – Writing Center Director …View Job