Job TitleResearch Assistant
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Researcher/Fellowship
Salary Range $ $16.34 - $21.40
Location Tucson, AZ US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Angie Brinson
Department Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit arizona.csod.com.
The College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants to apply to the Research Technician III position. The primary purpose of the position is to conduct data collection for human-animal interaction research, with a specific focus on a nationwide clinical trial of service dogs for military veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and their families. Data collection will be conducted remotely, so it will consist of telephone calls, video calls, emails, mailing, and text messages. On-site work is required to compile study packages to send, receive and process samples, and maintain the laboratory environment. The position will be part of an inclusive team environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with research participants nationwide, including military members and veterans as well as their spouses/partners to collect clinical trial data.
- Conduct telephone calls with research participants to: invite them to participate, build rapport and relationships, provide advice/guidance in study tasks, schedule assessments, troubleshoot, and be the primary point of contact.
- Understand study operations and be able to answer participant questions. Communicate with participants in an inclusive, respectful, friendly, and professional manner.
- Prepare study materials. Collate and send materials to participants (e.g., study booklet, assessment devices, participant payments). Process received study materials.
- Unloading materials, sanitizing devices for next participant, uploading data. Compile data status reports (e.g. participant recruitment, safety, completion, timelines).
- Data entry and collation, review, and tracking of timelines and supplies. Download and compile data for analysis and interpretation by research team. Compile, update, and track IRB and PACUC documentation as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of participant records and interactions.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating undergraduate tasks and teamwork.
- Participate in helping lab members with tasks where needed.
- Foster and maintain an inclusive, productive working environment.
- Maintain laboratory space and equipment. Maintain organization of physical and virtual spaces and files.
- Order supplies and liaise with suppliers. Obtain, store and track received research samples.
- Oversee the cleanliness and tidiness of equipment and environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills (in person, writing, and telephone)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work alone or with people with varied backgrounds
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with REDCap, Qualtrics, or similar survey instruments preferred, but not required.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition to education requirement of Associates Degree.
University of CA, Davis
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu. POSITION DESCRIPTION The Department of Internal Medicine…View Job
University of CA, Davis
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu. POSITION DESCRIPTION The Department of Internal Medicine,…View Job