Job TitleLead Business Analyst – Student Financial Aid
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Akron, OH US
Deadline July 30, 2022
Contact Name Cindy Harm
Email Phone: 330-972-8399
To apply for this job please visit http://www.uakron.edu.
The University of Akron is seeking to fill the position of Lead Business Analyst to support the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Overall leader for Business Analysis team for student enrollment units defining assignments, priorities and managing work efforts of the team. Provide goals, mentor, train and measure performance of team.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the Financial Aid Office and students by developing, monitoring, testing, evaluating, and making recommendations for system enhancements to improve the efficiency and productivity in the delivery of financial aid to students. Develop best practices for managing and expanding the complex financial aid data within the Financial Aid Office.
- Plan and direct efforts in the design, analysis, development and implementation and support of business processes and student information systems for Financial Aid and enrollment management units.
- Lead cross functional business process re-engineering teams for complex business process redesign. Key liaison between student enrollment units and information technology staff for technology solutions and process improvement, data storage, and retrieval in support of the student enrollment units.
- Maintain system configuration for business processes. Provide reporting and data analysis spanning multiple functional areas both within and outside of Enrollment Management. Coordinate the development and maintenance of the prospective student web experience.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree and previous experience in a higher education institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business systems analysis or programming and process improvement. Experience in defining and eliciting business requirements and testing.
- Basic knowledge in defining and documenting business processes.
- An understanding of current general information technology, concepts, theories, and trends.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Considerable understanding of current general information technology concepts, theories, trends, and systems. Requires a minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience preferably with a team of business analysts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively conduct presentations is required. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to adapt to and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously as well as shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Experience in process improvement and change management processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within and across teams.
- Previous experience in a higher education institution.
- Significant experience with Financial Aid processes and procedures. Experience with ERP systems, especially Student oriented modules and CRM applications. This includes experience evaluating, managing, and testing updates provided for the ERP system. Experience with Agile methodology, basic programming, SQL, and Micro Soft Power Platform.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The University of Akron offers a competitive total compensation package comprised of a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits for eligible employees including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and paid leave of absences including time off for illness, vacation, and maternity or paternity leave. In addition, eligible employees and their dependents are provided tuition remission. All staff, contract professionals, and eligible non-bargaining unit faculty have the option to request a Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA). The University of Akron participates in state retirement systems and offers alternative retirement options with competitive employer contributions. Optional investment opportunities are available including deferred compensation programs (403(b) and 457(b). Please visit our benefits home page for more information.
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to your profile. Please include contact information, including email addresses for your professional references.
After submission of your application, return to the “My Activities” link and upload the required documents under the My Cover Letters and Attachments section.
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with reference to the minimum and preferred qualifications. This is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based. A resume will not be accepted in place of any information requested on the application. For assistance with your application or attachments please call Cindy Harm in Human Resources at 330-972-8399.
Open until filled, however, review of applicants will begin July 11, 2022.
For complete position details, visit
Job ID # 13235
About University of Akron
The University of Akron is a vibrant community driven by collaboration, partnership, and a steadfast determination to provide opportunity and success to all learners The University of Akron believes diversity is a vital element of an equitable and thriving workplace. A diverse workforce is essential as we strive to create a dynamic academic environment that prepares students to be citizens of the world around them, and as we deepen the value, we place on our connection to the Greater Akron community.
We celebrate the power of uniqueness, and the strength that coalesces when unique voices are heard. We seek to empower employees to lead in their colleges, departments, offices, and divisions. People of all backgrounds work on our campus every day, and we value the contribution of each individual in their commitment to a better University of Akron.
We welcome candidates who are passionate about shaping and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, experts, artists, and leaders. Bound and determined to meet every challenge, we continue to climb, to forge new paths and reach new heights – and we want you to join us. Bring your voice. Bring your uniqueness. Bring you. We are Akron. We rise together.
For more information about The University of Akron or the Akron community please visit our About UA page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Akron, as an equal education and employment institution, is committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified individuals in its education programs or activities, including applicants for admissions or employment, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status or status as a veteran. To further this commitment, the University complies with state and federal laws which prohibit discrimination. Questions or concerns about the administration of this commitment can be directed to the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office (uakron.edu/hr/eeoaa).
The University also strives to provide an environment free from the negative impacts of gender-based discrimination and harassment as prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Questions about Title IX can be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, the Assistant Secretary for the U.S. Department of Education or both. For more information on Title IX at the University of Akron, including how to contact the Title IX Coordinator, how to file a complaint under Title IX with the University or the Title IX process at the University of Akron, please visit the University’s Title IX page at uakron.edu/title-ix/at-uakron.
Ohio is State of Residence
It is the expectation of the University of Akron that all work performed as an employee of the University will be performed in Ohio.
To apply for this job please visit careers.temple.edu. Assistant Dean, Diversity, Inclusion and Human Resources…View Job
University of Tennessee
To apply for this job please visit ut.taleo.net. General Description: The University of Tennessee Municipal…View Job