Job TitleAssistant/Associate Specialist – Division of Nephrology
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ 56,600 - 65,000
Location SACRAMENTO, CA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Stephanie Schenk
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu.
The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology at the University of California Davis, School of Medicine is recruiting for two full time Specialists at the Assistant or Associate rank in Nephrology.
The position of Specialist has a narrow focus in a specialized area and provides technical or specialized expertise in the planning and execution of a research project. The Specialist stays apprised of emerging issues and problems and maintains technical competence in the designated area(s) of specialization. Within this defined area and when appropriate, the Specialist is expected to provide leadership, facilitate teamwork, and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues and to supply input into the planning of research and educational programs. Normally, Specialists do not have Principal Investigator (PI) status but may obtain permission by exception and/or collaborate with a PI in preparing research proposals for extramural funding. The Specialist is evaluated for merit and promotion using three basic criteria outlined below.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of Dr. Roshanravan and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially in a diverse environment.
I. RESEARCH IN SPECIALIZED AREAS (90% EFFORT)
A. Collaborate with other research and extension personnel affiliated with research activities. Evaluation of performance in research activities or in outreach activities as deemed applicable to the individual project in specialized areas, as documented by any of the following:
1) Publications that acknowledge the Specialist’s significant and meaningful contribution to the work.
2) Publications on which the Specialist is an author.
3) Other evidence (e.g., letters from collaborators or principal investigators) that work done by the Specialist contributed to publishable research.
4) Active dissemination of information (beyond the boundaries of the campus) through informal instruction, presentations, or other means stemming from the Specialist’s research accomplishments.
5) Other evidence of recognized expertise may include formal documentation of intellectual effort and participation in publishable research activities, first authorship on publications/patents, presentation of research at regional/national meetings, invitations to review grant proposals and/or journal articles, invitations to participate in research projects, and/or service on advisory panels.
B. Serve as a research coordinator for projects conducted by PIs in the department, as resources permit. Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted communication between individual laboratories, data management and preparation of reports tailored to meet the needs of the requesting individual(s).
II. PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE AND ACTIVITY (5% EFFORT)
A. Participate in appropriate professional/technical societies or groups and other educational and research organizations.
B. Review research proposals, journal manuscripts, and publications related to area of expertise.
III. UNIVERSITY AND PUBLIC SERVICE (5% EFFORT)
A. May maintain liaison and respond to the needs of various industry organizations, state and federal agencies, and other external groups on issues related to area of expertise.
B. Participate in activities of committees within the department, college, campus and other University entities, as appropriate.
This recruitment is conducted at the assistant/associate rank. The resulting hire will be at the assistant/associate rank, regardless of the proposed appointee’s qualifications.
For the full position description and to apply, visit https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05713
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)Master’s degree in a Molecular Biology, or possession of a relevant baccalaureate degree plus three or more years of research experience
Experience with Epic electronic medical record for screening patients for eligibility into studies.
Preferred qualifications (other preferred, but not required, qualifications for the position)Demonstrated experience with maintenance and operation of the Oroboros O2k fluorespirometer on both isolated peripheral blood mononuclear cells and permeabilized muscle fibers from human muscle tissue.
Expertise in molecular cloning, immunoblotting, immunochemistry, metabolite extraction, cell-based screens, and analysis of data from high resolution respirometry.
* Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
* Cover Letter
* Statement of Research (Optional)
* Statement of Teaching (Optional)
* Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
* 3 required (contact information only)
University of Illinois
To apply for this job please visit jobs.illinois.edu. The Department of Earth Science & Environmental…View Job