Job TitleVisiting Assistant Professor of Health Information Systems/Clinical Coordinator – Educator
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Batavia, OH US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Brittany Tooson-Stahl
Visiting Assistant Professor of Health Information Systems/Clinical Coordinator – Educator
University of Cincinnati Clermont
UC Clermont invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Health Information Systems/Clinical Coordinator – Educator faculty position beginning as soon as possible, not later than January 01, 2023. The UC Clermont Health Information Systems program is fully online and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM). The program also includes the online Healthcare Management Associate Degree, Medical/Biller Coder, and Cancer Registry Management programs and is in the process of seeking approval to offer a Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management. UC Clermont is an open-admission regional campus located 25 miles east of the University of Cincinnati in Batavia, Ohio with an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students. The college offers a variety of certificates, transfer programs, two-year technical degrees and baccalaureate degrees.
Visiting Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator Educator – this is a blended position with both faculty and clinical administrative responsibilities. The faculty responsibilities make up roughly one-third of the responsibilities and include teaching 3 to 6 credit hours (one to two courses) per primary semester (Fall/Spring). The faculty aspect encompasses teaching health information systems courses that are across the spectrum of courses including areas such as medical coding, revenue cycle, legal and ethical issues, health administration, data analysis, healthcare technology, and professional practicum. Actual teaching load will be determined at the time of hire. The clinical coordinator duties and responsibilities include:
- A working knowledge of the HIM field including current research methodologies, tools and applications
- Individual advising with students to develop their practicum placement plan
- Oversee practicum placement, identify new and alternative sites and assess student success and completion of required hours
- Work with the Program Director to develop new clinical sites and alternative options, evaluate all clinical placement sites and ensure compliance with the core learning outcomes.
- Maintain open dialogue with practicum site supervisors, each term oversees survey administration, and data analysis, and report outcomes to the Program Director
- Work with Program Director to establish alignment of clinical experiences with course/program outcomes/goals
- Coordinate Affiliation Agreements for practicum sites including working with the PACE system
- Maintain professional credentials and attend college, department and program meetings
1. Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Health Informatics and enrolled in good standing in a Master’s degree program in Health Information Management, Health Informatics, Healthcare Management (or willingness to immediately enroll) or in a closely related area with a bachelor’s in Health Information Management or Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Management.
2. Must hold a current RHIA or RHIT;
3. Five years of work experience practicing HIM in the healthcare industry and a minimum of one year of online college-level teaching experience.
All candidates must have the appropriate degree awarded by the time of appointment. All positions require the submission of a cover letter, current CV, official copies of transcript for highest degree held required prior to interview (these can be mailed), three names of professional references (include contact information), a brief statement of teaching philosophy, and a summary of evidence of excellent training, teaching effectiveness, professional development and a copy of current RHIT/RHIA credential.
Position open until filled; however, for best consideration, please submit all application materials as soon as possible.
To apply for this position, go to https://bit.ly/3QCIRe4; in Search Positions, enter the above number in the “Requisition Number” field. Only applications received through this website will be considered.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
University of Maine (ECE)
To apply for this job please visit umaine.hiretouch.com. Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering…View Job
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job