Job TitleAcademic Advisor Clermont College
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Batavia, OH US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Trish Stewart
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.
Academic Advisor Clermont College
As a member of the Advising Center, provide academic advising, intervention, support services, and programming to students enrolled at the University of Cincinnati Clermont College (UCC) in online/distance learning programs. Utilize a student-centered approach to enhance students’ likelihood of retention and success in the College and at the university. Use the degree audit system, student information systems and academic planning resources to assist students in constructing academic plans which allow them to make degree progress while observing the course prerequisite structure of the college. Assist students in developing a portfolio of experiences which will enhance their college experience and prepare them to transition to a career or further education. Assist students transitioning into and out of the college.
This position is located in Batavia, Ohio. A hybrid work schedule may be permissible after a probationary period.
- Provide academic advising to facilitate students’ successful and timely educational planning and degree completion in alignment with their educational and career goals.
- Serve as advisor for a designated caseload of students through proactive outreach, support, and education. Develop a rapport of trust and accessibility with assigned students. Ensure accurate advice and quality support, contributing to persistence and a positive student experience.
- Monitor student progress and develop graduation plans in partnership with individual students. Provide information regarding curriculum, policies, procedures, opportunities, and guidelines for academic programs.
- Evaluate student information and utilize data to facilitate enrollment and registration. Maintain advising and enrollment records. In partnership with faculty, assess advanced standing credit, substitute courses to meet graduation requirements, and create degree audit exceptions. Facilitate and complete student degree certification.
- Evaluate student needs and provide appropriate resource referral to career, academic, counseling, and student life resources and opportunities.
- Support students through educational transition processes (ex. orientation, exploration, transfer, transition, and graduation.)
- Recommend actions related to academic alert, probation, suspension, and dismissal of students. Identify opportunities for high-performing student engagement and goal attainment.
- Utilize current advising and student success technologies for outreach to students. Perform other duties related to student success.
- Support student needs with sound equity and inclusion practices for student success.
- Engage ongoing professional development and training to maintain up-to-date knowledge about advising concepts, practices, policies, technologies, and student success needs at the university and in higher education.
- Function as a member of an advising or student success team to ensure the proper workflow and outcomes of the unit. Collaborate with UC advising community colleagues to advance quality advising practice.
- Attend related meetings and functions.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Zero (0) to one (1) year of student service or related experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Undergraduate student service and/or leadership may be considered. Experience in other areas with transferable skills may also be considered.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Possess a collaborative work style that fosters trust, respect, and successful working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Project management skills: ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate, and to create systems and processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $45,000 dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
Please apply online at https://bit.ly/3x4KY2j
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Henry Ford Health
To apply for this job please visit p.rfer.us. POSITION SUMMARY The Chair of Ophthalmology –…View Job