SIS (Student Information System) Implementation Director (2-3 Year Appointment with Benefits; Hybrid)The Claremont Colleges Services
Job TitleSIS (Student Information System) Implementation Director (2-3 Year Appointment with Benefits; Hybrid)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ $180,000 to $250,000 annualized
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline May 29, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
SIS (Student Information System) Implementation Director (2-3 Year Appointment with Benefits; Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Claremont Colleges Services seeks a highly skilled, collaborative, and astute professional to lead an exciting and complex project in the position of Functional Director for the Student Information Systems Implementation for The Claremont Colleges.
The SIS Implementation Director will manage the Student Information System (SIS) implementation project, an initiative of the five undergraduate institutions of The Claremont Colleges. The Director will work with various stakeholders, including the Project Manager, to ensure operational objectives are achieved within deadlines and budgets.
This individual must possess a broad understanding of TCC’s processes, policies, systems, data and governance structures to support high-performance project teams for the successful implementation of the SIS. The Director is responsible for developing and executing strategies to successfully implement a new student information system within the time, cost, and quality parameters established by the Executive Team. He/she will work in close partnership with the Project Manager, the Project Owner, and others to influence stakeholders, follow standard project management practices, and achieve implementation goals. He/she manages a team of technical and functional experts dedicated to the project and serves as the primary contact for stakeholders regarding critical change initiatives. He/she guarantees project deliverables by proactively identifying and remedying risks, resolving competing priorities, and maintaining open communication with all stakeholders. This individual provides stakeholders with analysis and insights on the implementation project’s progress including detailed reports and presentations.
• Under the direction of the Project Owner:
• define functional project team roles and responsibilities,
• serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Core Team, and
• implement executive decisions.
• In collaboration with the Project Manager, set and adjust project milestones based on input from functional and user groups, monitor project health, and initiate corrective actions as needed to ensure project success.
• Oversee and coordinate the Internal working groups to ensure alignment with the project scope, timeline, and budget.
• Oversight of Claremont unique requirements design solutions within the student information system in collaboration with the vendor and with TCC sign off.
• Lead the data conversions, integrations, and testing activities required for the project.
• Work collaboratively with managers to resolve issues of resource allocation and escalate conflicts to the appropriate governing bodies for resolution as necessary.
• Assist in executing communications and change management plans.
• Ensure all program and project activities comply with the standards and procedures of The Claremont Colleges.
• Lead, assess, develop, and manage a team of direct reports (see Supervisory Responsibility).
• Identify individual skills and strengths and leverage for the benefit of the team and project.
• Provide ongoing coaching that is balanced, constructive, and timely and contributes to a work environment of open communication, ownership of duties, and trust.
• Address performance issues early, create appropriate documentation, and ensure follow through. Collaborate with Human Resources as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Number of Direct Reports: Six (6)
• Titles of Direct Reports: Data Conversion and Validation Consultant, Integrations Lead, Integrations Analyst (2), Testing Lead, Change Management Lead and Security/TCC ID Lead
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday Work may be completed in a hybrid model, depending on the evolving needs of the project. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization, business unit, or project.
Vaccination: The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position, from $15,000 to $20,833 per month ($180,000 to $250,000 annualized).
Benefits: This interim position is eligible for our comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), group life insurance, generous time off, discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment, access to fitness facilities, and more! Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
Education: You have a master’s degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: You have at least five (5) years of experience working at The Claremont Colleges in roles in one or more of the following functional areas, Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, or Student Information System Technology. Your experience must include:
• Systems data management and implementation lifecycles;
• Complex projects, preferably across multiple colleges;
• Supervisory responsibilities, preferably for a team of two or more staff members; and
• Governance groups and processes of The Claremont Colleges.
In addition, you have:
• A deep understanding of the structure, policies, practices, systems, data, and decision-making culture of the undergraduate institutions of The Claremont Colleges.
• The ability to design and create reports for management and senior leadership.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation to various audiences including management, peers, and end users.
• Skill in accepting feedback and adjusting to meet a wide range of project needs.
• Capacity to be a proactive and creative problem solver—identify potential problems, bring them to the attention of people concerned, and propose innovative solutions.
• A proven record of customer service excellence.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, multi-stakeholder team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and excellent listening skills.
• Excellent discretion, professional integrity, and tact.
• Ability to establish and maintain a collaborative environment, to work as a team-player in a fast-paced but also consensus-oriented environment.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, assess, develop, and manage a team of direct reports.
• Demonstrated excellence with tools such as MS Project and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
If you have any of the following, it’s a plus:
• Current Project Management Professional (PMP) or other Project Management certification.
• Experience with utilizing Project Management software to manage large scale, complex projects.
• Familiarity with Kanban, Agile Manifesto, or comparable project management methodologies.
• Experience with Microsoft and other tools used in conjunction with Anthology Student.
Only qualified applicants please. Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• Cover Letter
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4098679
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Computer Science & Technology Instructor- FT Tenure Track
SUNY Orange County Community College
To apply for this job please visit occc.interviewexchange.com. Computer Science & Technology Instructor- FT Tenure…View Job
Marine Educator & Public Program Coordinator
University of Georgia Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant
To apply for this job please visit www.ugajobsearch.com. The University of Georgia Marine Extension and…View Job
Academic Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
Upstate Medical University
To apply for this job please visit upstate.edu. Academic Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon The Upstate Medical…View Job
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN ANCIENT STUDIES/CLASSICS
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. SCRIPPS COLLEGE, CLAREMONT, CALIFORNIA 91711 TENURE TRACK…View Job