Registered Nurse (RN) (On-Call; Onsite)The Claremont Colleges Services
Job TitleRegistered Nurse (RN) (On-Call; Onsite)
Position TypePart Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 48/hr
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline May 27, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
Registered Nurse (RN) (On-Call; Onsite)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Student Health Services department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks licensed registered nurses for on-call positions as Registered Nurse (RN).
The Registered Nurse role performs professional nursing functions in the provision of general outpatient and urgent medical care. Specific duties include:
Clinical Responsibilities (Direct Patient Care)
• Provide triage assessments, including vital signs, height, weight, temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate, allergies, and current medication regimen. Records and reports obvious patient problems, symptoms, reactions, and behaviors.
• Obtain episodic histories of ill or injured students and aid in determining the disposition of the same.
• Assist physicians and nurse practitioners (healthcare providers) and works collaboratively with the ancillary staff in the treatment of the ill or injured student.
• Assist healthcare providers with minor surgical procedures and examinations Administer medications, antigen injections, and immunizations as ordered by the healthcare providers
• Dispense medications as ordered by the healthcare providers in accordance with the California Business & Professional Code 4173 and the Board of Registered Nursing Code 2725.1.
• Provide education to students regarding side effects, desired effects, and administration of the medications as ordered by the healthcare providers Provide and maintain educational materials to students regarding the medications dispensed, reviewing but not limited to the frequency of administration, how to take (i.e., on an empty stomach), and common side effects.
• Provide telephone triage of student calls assisting in the appropriate disposition of the student including making a same day appointment and documents/records transactions in the student’s medical record.
Clinical Responsibilities (Administrative Duties)
• Review and update patient educational materials.
• Maintain accurate records according to the labeling and dispensing of medications.
• Maintain and order an adequate supply of medications including immunizations and vaccines.
• Maintain and document proper storage of all medications as demonstrated by a daily log of refrigerator temperatures.
• Participate in campus outreach programs as requested.
• Participate in Quality Assurance/Improvement programs for Student Health Services.
• Participate in professional development opportunities and in-service training.
• Attend weekly staff meetings when on-call.
Work Schedule: When called in for work, the hours for this position are from 8 to 40 hours scheduled per week, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. At the time of hire, 40 hours will be required during the first two weeks to complete mandatory training. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted. Additional vaccine requirements may include Tdap, MMR, Hep B, Varicella, as well as TB clearance.
Pay: $48.00 per hour.
Benefits: Due to the temporary nature of these on-call positions, only the following benefits are provided: California Sick Leave, workers’ compensation, disability, Medicare, and social security. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You are a conscientious and talented RN with a warm and approachable personality. You would enjoy a unique health care environment working with college aged patients and appreciate and are sensitive to diversity in race, gender, culture, religion, sexual orientation, and individual physical and mental capabilities.
Education and Experience: You have successfully completed a Nursing Degree program and have your current California Nursing License and BLS Certification. In addition, you have at least two (2) years as a Registered Nurse in an ambulatory care or medical setting.
In addition, you have:
Thorough knowledge of:
• professional nursing principles, methods, and procedures.
• uses and effects of medicines and narcotics.
The ability to:
• apply nursing knowledge and techniques;
• observe and record or respond with therapy to medical reactions, symptoms, and behaviors;
• keep records and prepare reports;
• use electronic health records;
• gain the interest, respect, and cooperation of patients;
• analyze urgent and emergent situations accurately and to take prompt action;
• work cooperatively with staff, students, and others; and
• maintain a neat and professional image at all times.
Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload in order to complete your application:
• Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
• (Optional) Cover Letter: Briefly, describe how your qualifications and career goals make you a great candidate.
ABOUT STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES at THE CLAREMONT COLLEGES
Student Health Services (SHS) provides patient-centered health care to our campus community in a professional and compassionate manner that directly contributes to the student’s well-being and overall success. Student Health Services at The Claremont Colleges is a service of The Claremont Colleges Services and provided to all students enrolled at The Claremont Colleges. Learn more about our SHS team at https://services.claremont.edu/student-health-services/
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4088788
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Senior Student Engagement Specialist
To apply for this job please visit binghamton.interviewexchange.com. The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional…View Job
Data Science Specialist (Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Data Science Specialist (Hybrid) The Claremont Colleges…View Job
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Title: Standardized Client Location: Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg Posted Date:…View Job
Executive Assistant to the Deans
University of Oregon
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Executive Assistant to the Deans Job…View Job