Job TitlePost-Doctoral Therapists (Onsite; Aug 2024 – May 2025)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ 5,547
Location Claremont, CA
Application Deadline January 04, 2024
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Post-Doctoral Therapists (Onsite; Aug 2024 – May 2025)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS) of The Claremont Colleges Services is seeking two highly skilled clinicians for full-time, interim, post-doctoral therapist positions for the 2024-25 academic year starting August 12, 2024 and working through May 23, 2025.
We are a dynamic and talented staff, passionate about the services we provide to a diverse population of college students in the beautiful city of Claremont, California. Our post-doctoral therapists are provided individual supervision, social justice, and clinical training seminars, group case conferences, and intake disposition team meetings.
Post-doctoral therapists have general responsibility for the following duties:
• Providing individual, couple, and group counseling (direct clinical service makes up approximately 60% of total time);
• Conducting crisis assessment and intervention;
• Delivering psychoeducational outreach programs;
• Assisting students in their personal and educational goals;
• Providing training/consultation with faculty and staff of the Colleges; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Additionally, depending on the post-doctoral therapist’s areas of interest and training goals, it is possible they may gain additional specialty training in areas such as: crisis intervention and response, violence risk assessment, groups/outreaches, trauma, as well as liaising with cultural identity offices and communities.
Work Schedule: The regular hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may be required to work holidays, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Education: You must have completed a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology by no later than August 1, 2024.
Experience: You must have some previous experience in a college/university counseling center.
• The ability to assess, diagnose, and implement interventions for depression, anxiety, alcohol/drug abuse, and developmental issues.
• Proven knowledge in clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
• A demonstrated ability to manage the fluctuation of a caseload and maintain appropriate records in a timely manner.
• Sensitivity to and appreciation of individuals that represent cultural, religious, ethnic, and lifestyle diversity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen with maturity, sensitivity, and tact.
• The ability to work as a team member within MCAPS and throughout The Claremont Colleges community.
• Understanding of and/or experiences in residential, liberal arts college environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• The ability to use an electronic medical records computer system for client notes and scheduling.
Pay: The monthly salary is $5,547 per month.
Benefits: This position is eligible for our employment benefits package including:
• medical, dental, vision,
• group life insurance,
• generous time off,
• professional development funds,
• discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
• access to fitness facilities,
• and more!
For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
Priority Deadline: Applications received by January 15, 2024 will receive priority consideration. Open until filled.
Complete your online application through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• (1) Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications.
• (2) Cover Letter: Briefly, describe how this position fits into your career plans.
• (3) Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: Please upload three letters to your online application in the same section where you upload your cover letter.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4805100
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Assistant Teaching Professor (Tenure Track) in Environmental Communication at the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management
University of California Santa Barbara
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Teaching Professor (Tenure Track) in Environmental…View Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com. The GAP Initiative at Virginia Tech educates,…View Job
University of Maine
To apply for this job please visit umaine.hiretouch.com. Applications are invited for a tenure-track Assistant…View Job