Job TitleKey Shop Assistant Supervisor (Onsite)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 29/hour
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline July 23, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
Key Shop Assistant Supervisor (Onsite)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Claremont Colleges Services seeks a dependable, experienced, and easy-going individual for the position of Key Shop Assistant Supervisor of the Central Facilities Services department.
Working independently, the Key Shop Assistant Supervisor maintains all locks and related hardware for the buildings, structures, and equipment of The Claremont Colleges (five undergraduate colleges, and two graduate institutions) and The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS). This role assists the Carpenter and Key Shop Supervisor with daily operations, oversight, and other duties assigned for the key shop.
• Repair and open locks, make keys, and change lock combinations using hand tools and special equipment.
• Cut new or duplicate keys using key cutting machine.
• Open safes when combination is unknown.
• Install locks and hardware for replacement and minor alteration projects.
• Design keying systems for individual buildings, as well as college systems as a whole.
• Specify hardware requirements for new buildings and tenant’s improvements.
• Make material take-off from construction plans and prepare estimate for labor and material.
• Maintain computer database of locks and keying codes for the Colleges.
• Serve as lead journeyperson on large projects.
• Comply with OSHA, Cal/OSHA and other applicable regulatory safety rules and ensure personnel comply in the performance of assigned work.
• Produce estimates and approve daily billing cards.
• Schedule and complete work orders and all associated paperwork.
• Perform job walks.
• Order material.
• Use blueprints, sketches, shop drawings, specifications and related technical data lay out and coordinate work performance of the trade.
• Maintain as-built drawings of work undertaken to depict actual construction variances from design drawings.
• Train technicians in the methods and procedures used in the TCCS environment.
• Act as a supervisor in the Supervisor’s absence.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday for 12 months annually. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Pay: The pay for this position is $29.00 per hour.
Benefits: This position is eligible for our employment benefits package including:
• medical, dental, vision,
• 10% retirement contributions (no matching required),
• group life insurance,
• generous time off,
• professional development funds,
• discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
• access to fitness facilities,
• and more!
For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
Education/Training: You have a high school diploma or the equivalent in a combination of education, training, and/or experience beyond the minimum required.
Experience: You have at least five (5) years of experience demonstrating the ability to apply the techniques of the craft.
License: A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to TCC’s automobile liability insurance provider.
In addition, you:
• Strong mathematical skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, determine linear measurements, compute areas and volumes of conventional shapes and forms, and compute approximate weight of objects.
• Fluent language skills in English, including the ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend.
• Ability to work productively and effectively without continuous supervision.
• Be able to be contacted by telephone during non-working hours.
• Be available for overtime work and to be on-call.
• Be able to work in a safe manner and comply with all applicable safety rules and procedures.
• Effective and professional communication skills with a diverse population of team members, contract personnel, and other internal and external contacts.
• Present a neat and professional appearance and be capable of performing all tasks and presenting oneself in a manner that reflects favorably on CFS and TCCS, and of promoting the interests of these organizations throughout The Claremont Colleges and TCCS.
• Must provide evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
• Lift over 20 pounds.
• Ability to climb ladders, crawl in attics and under buildings, lift and carry heavy equipment, bend, stoop, and work in uncomfortable positions.
• Ability to work under all weather conditions.
If you have any of the following, it’s a plus!
• Successful completion of an apprenticeship or vocational education course.
Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• Resume (required)
• Cover Letter (preferred)
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4256538
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Academic Counselor – (Student Services Professional III) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Academic Counselor – (Student Services Professional III)…View Job