Job TitleEnterprise Applications Manager (Hybrid)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 9,583 to $10,416 per month
Location Claremont, CA
Application Deadline December 04, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Enterprise Applications Manager (Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Information Technology Services department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks an experienced, service-oriented, and sharp IT professional with strong leadership skills for the position of Enterprise Applications Manager.
The Enterprise Applications Manager leads the Enterprise Applications team of TCCS IT Services. The purpose of the Enterprise Applications Manager is to oversee the implementation, maintenance, and support of all enterprise applications in the Enterprise Applications portfolio that includes both applications hosted for The Claremont Colleges and applications used internally by TCCS. This role works with the Director of IT Service Delivery to ensure service levels and works with clients to understand expectations and plan strategies for continuous improvement of the delivery of enterprise applications. The Enterprise Applications team and Manager play an integral role in collaborative projects. This position reports to the AVP of IT Services.
• Meets frequently with client contacts in a customer relations capacity to resolve service issues, identify opportunities for service enhancements, and build relationships.
• Advises the AVP of IT Services on tactical and strategic issues.
• Supports the departmental goal of excellent service delivery by standardization, simplification and optimization of processes and operations.
• Actively participates in and/or lead technology committees, work groups, or project teams as assigned.
• Serves as a project coordinator for the Enterprise Applications team and contact point for cross-team collaborative projects.
• Prepares and maintains technical user guides, functional specifications, standard operating procedures, and system documentation.
• Presents to senior leadership and committees as required.
• Actively seeks new and improved ways of delivering enterprise applications that maintain alignment with changes in technology, security and compliance.
• Participates in the planning and execution of system implementations and upgrades.
• Gather data, conduct analysis, and identify solutions to complex technical issues.
• Maintains a working knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications including emerging technologies.
• Participates in and provides assistance during Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing.
• Recommends changes to products and processes with the goal of improving the way business is conducted.
• Applies knowledge of relevant industry standard service management methodologies to ensure consistent implementation of services.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Number of Direct Reports: 3
• Titles of Direct Reports: Senior Business Applications Analyst (2), and Business Applications Analyst (1)
• Manages and supervises staff assigned to the Enterprise Applications team.
• Provides leadership to the Enterprise Applications team by creating and sustaining a positive team environment and by demonstrating best practices of completing work with reliability and a proactive customer service philosophy.
• Provide ongoing coaching that is balanced, constructive, and timely and contributes to a work environment of open communication, ownership of duties, and trust.
• Address performance issues early, create appropriate documentation, and ensure follow through.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 40 hours per week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
Pay: The monthly salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position, between $9,583 to $10,416 per month.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including:
• medical, dental, vision,
• 10% retirement contributions (no matching required),
• tuition benefits for employees and their dependents,
• $50,000 group life insurance,
• generous time off,
• professional development funds,
• discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
• access to gym and fitness facilities,
• and more!
For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You are adaptable, resilient, enjoy continual learning, actively seek feedback from stakeholders for team improvement, and have a positive and pleasant personality. You have excellent listening skills which allow you to draw out and identify client needs when speaking with non-technical individuals and can translate solutions into simple terms. You are tactful, solution-driven, comfortable navigating conflicting opinions, and have excellent communication skills to facilitate consensus for decisions that will affect eight separate organizations. You are committed to providing excellent customer service and enjoy rolling up your sleeves when it’s needed. As a manager, you lead by example, are open to diverse opinions, can develop technical staff, and know how to build trust.
Education: You have a bachelor’s degree in information or computer science or related fields OR any combination of education, training, and additional experience beyond the required.
Experience: You have a minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience with enterprise applications, analyzing and communicating business systems and workflows. At least five (5) of those years in higher education computing is preferred. The ideal candidate is experienced with leading and managing small teams of 4-6 staff with best practices in performance management, team building, and project coordination.
Certification: You have a current ITIL Foundation Certification, or you will be able to successfully obtain it within 90 days from your date of hire.
In addition, you:
• Strong active listening skills and ability to anticipate and develop an understanding of client needs beyond simple requirements gathering.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and understanding of application best practices.
• Proven excellence with problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
• Proven excellence working within a service delivery framework.
• Knowledge of and the ability to strategically apply the mission, goals, and objectives of The Claremont Colleges Services to its IT environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge managing professional employees.
• Knowledgeable and skilled working in hybrid on-premise/cloud infrastructure environments.
• Ability to deeply understand functional needs and map to solutions.
• Ability to identify and clearly define gaps in potential solutions and work with clients to determine scale of impact.
• Ability to evaluate solutions and ensure they meet the business needs of the procuring organization.
• Approachable, optimistic, and intellectually curious with a positive, can-do attitude, courage, and resiliency in the face of disagreement and unexpected circumstances.
• Knowledge of working in agile and waterfall project methodologies.
• Deep understanding of the structure, policies, practices, systems, data, and decision-making culture of The Claremont Colleges.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
• Ability to design and create reports for management and senior leadership.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation to various audiences including senior leadership, management, peers, and end users.
• Skilled in accepting and giving feedback.
• Proven record of customer service excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, multi-stakeholder team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
• Excellent discretion, professional integrity, and tact.
If you have any of the following, it’s a plus!
• Enterprise application specific certifications
• Azure Cloud Foundation Certification
• IAM (identify access management) experience.
• SSO (single sign on) experience
• LDAP (lightweight directory access protocol) experience
Only qualified applicant, please. Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• Resume (required)
• Cover Letter (preferred)
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4709366
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Staff Nurse/Registered Nurse (RN) (10 Months Annually;…View Job