Job TitleElectrician (Low Voltage)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline January 29, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Central Facilities Services department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks an experienced and skilled professional for the position of Low Voltage Electrician.
The Electrician installs, maintains, and services low-voltage electrical systems at 120 volts and below by repairing, inspecting, testing, and installing fire alarms, intrusion alarms, card access systems, HVAC controls, and other electronic systems. Specific duties include:
• Troubleshoot electrical problems by various industry standard procedures and test instruments.
• Troubleshoot and repair associated circuits and electronic components as applicable.
Install various systems according to the latest edition of NEC, NFPA, and other industry standards.
• Read, follow, and logically apply information from schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints, instruction manuals, operator guides, etc.
• Bend conduits and install metal raceway systems and non-metallic raceway systems.
• Interface new technology into existing systems.
• Maintain as-built drawings, shop orders, submittals, and all associated paperwork.
• Train other personnel in the skills of the trade.
Work Hours: This is a full-time, regular position working from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Will be added to the on-call rotation schedule to include weekends. Hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The hourly rate for this position is commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position, from $ 25.00 to $ 29.00 per hour.
Benefits: We are delighted to offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits for employees and their dependents, group life insurance, generous time off, professional development funds, discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment, and access to fitness facilities and classes. For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You have strong customer service skills, a positive attitude, and can present yourself in a neat and professional manner. You are knowledgeable in your trade, are able to learn new things, and can also train others as needed. You are dependable, punctual, and a cooperative team member. In addition, you have:
• Fluent language skills in English.
• Strong mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide, determine linear measurements, compute areas and volumes of conventional shapes and forms, and compute approximate weight of objects).
• The ability to be contacted by telephone during non-working hours.
• The ability to work overtime hours and be on-call.
• The ability to work in a safe manner, follow proper procedures, and comply with Cal/OSHA and OSHA requirements as applicable to work.
• Effective and professional communication skills with a diverse population of employees, leadership, vendors, and contracted personnel.
Physically, you can:
• Wear protective clothing and equipment as required by the tasks being performed,
• Climb ladders, crawl in attics and under buildings,
• Lift and carry heavy equipment up to 40 pounds unassisted,
• bend, stoop, work from heights, and work in uncomfortable positions, and
• Work under all weather conditions
Education and Experience: You have a high school diploma or the equivalent in a combination of education, training, and additional experience beyond the minimum required. You have at least five (5) years of experience demonstrating the ability to apply the techniques of the trade. You must also have:
• Factory certification.
• NICET Level II Certification.
• A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to TCC’s automobile liability insurance provider.
Only qualified applicants please. Review of applications will commence immediately.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload in order to complete your application:
• Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
• (Optional) Cover Letter: Briefly, describe how your qualifications and interests make you an ideal candidate for this position.
Professional References: Selected candidates will be required to provide at least two professional references that can speak to their skills and experience.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Disclaimer: The job description in this job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3726682
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Educ-Office of Child Development – Pennsylvania-Hershey –…View Job