Job TitleDispatcher – Campus Safety (Onsite; 4/10 Schedule)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 21.00 per hour
Location Claremont, CA
Application Deadline December 03, 2023
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Dispatcher – Campus Safety (Onsite; 4/10 Schedule)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Campus Safety department of The Claremont Colleges Services seeks a dependable individual with exceptional customer service and communication skills for the position of Campus Safety Dispatcher.
• Work a 4/10 schedule.
• Dynamic and fast-paced job in a unique safety and academic environment.
• No degree required.
The Campus Safety Dispatcher is the primary communication link for most Campus Safety calls at The Claremont Colleges for service and assistance via telephone, radio, or walk-in customers. The Dispatcher is the life-line for patrol personnel, researching information, making necessary notifications to appropriate staff across the consortium during and after regular business hours; communicating with outside emergency response personnel (police, fire and paramedics) when needed; initiating and maintaining a Daily Log of calls; inputting and retrieving data, reports and other required information; monitoring and dispatching officers to numerous alarms and activity observed on CCTV Surveillance Systems; and communicating, when necessary, with the Claremont Police 911 dispatch center.
• Receives and dispatches calls for emergency and non-emergency services to and from patrol officers; contacts outside emergency services for assistance when needed; receives and screens all incoming telephone calls to Campus Safety.
• Maintains contact communication with patrol officers, and dispatches officers to calls on a routine and emergency basis.
• Answers calls from Emergency Phones campus wide, and immediately dispatches officers to the appropriate locations.
• Provides primary monitoring of TCC automatic fire alarms and communicates with the Claremont Police 911 center and other agencies to ensure the appropriate response.
• Maintains a Daily Log for all requests for services, responses, and activity by Campus Safety. Maintains the Daily Crime Log.
• Monitors and dispatches officers to all alarms received, makes notifications as needed.
• Monitors and dispatches officers to all suspicious activity observed on CCTV Surveillance Systems.
• Monitors local police and emergency frequencies, via police scanners, and notifies patrol officers and others of situations that may impact The Claremont Colleges.
• Maintains reception counter; greets and assists all office visitors, provides information as needed.
• Operates department computers to input and retrieve information relating to Incident Reports, the Daily Log, the Daily Crime Log, field Interviews, vehicle registration, work orders, and other programs.
• Provides Daily Logs and Incident Reports to Student Deans and other Campus Administrators.
• Handles notification calls to all Colleges in regard to emergency situations, maintenance issues, property damage, etc.
• Issues parking permits, temporary parking permits, maps, traffic appeal forms, and other information, as requested.
• Processes lost and found property brought to Campus Safety.
Work Schedule: Dispatchers work a 4/10 schedule: 4 days per week, 10-hour days. Campus Safety Dispatch has four shifts: Day shift (6am to 4:30pm and 9am to 7:30pm), swing shift (4:30pm to 3am), and night (7:30pm-6am). You must be available and willing to work any shift assigned to you (day, swing, night) on all days of the week (weekdays, weekends, and holidays). Shifts are rotated every four (4) months. Holiday, weekend, and evening work hours are required. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or for special events and major incidents.
Pay: The pay rate for this position is $21.00 per hour.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and generous employment benefits package including:
• medical, dental, vision,
• 10% retirement contributions (no matching required),
• tuition benefits for employees and their dependents,
• group life insurance,
• generous time off,
• professional development funds,
• discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
• access to fitness/gym facilities,
• and more!.
For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You have clear, concise, and effective communication skills in English, particularly by phone. You have exceptional customer service skills and are able to remain focused and productive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. You enjoy working in a team environment that supports each other. You are comfortable learning and following critical protocols and policies and know how to keep your composure in difficult, stressful, and unexpected situations.
Education: You have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: You have at least two (2) years of related experience working in customer service, clerical, and/or telephone support assignments.
In addition, you:
• Able to successfully pass an employment and education verification, comprehensive criminal background check and a drug/alcohol screening test.
• Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and communications formats during periods of high activity.
• Able to understand, read, write, and speak English clearly. Able to follow written and oral instructions and compose log entries and written reports concisely and accurately in English.
• Able to function effectively in a very busy and fast-paced work environment.
• Able to maintain composure and critical thinking in stressful and unexpected situations.
• Able to prioritize calls and handle several functions at once on a routine and emergency basis.
• Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, databases, and electronic timekeeping system. Able to learn to use other computer technologies and systems as needed.
• Create and maintain a positive and respectful work environment, free of fear and intimidation.
• Always demonstrate and promote integrity and the highest standards of professional conduct, with sensitivity for the perception of security/law enforcement personnel in a culturally diverse and socially aware environment.
• Sensitivity to and embracement of individuals that represent cultural, religious, ethnic and lifestyle diversity.
• Mobility: This position is primarily sedentary.
• Lifting/Carrying: Up to 10 pounds unassisted.
• Dexterity: Must be able to operate:
• a computer for extended periods of time
• typical office equipment (e.g., copier, printer, etc.) occasionally
• golf cart occasionally
• Vision: Strong visual acuity for reading primarily electronic as well as printed materials and working on a computer screen for extended periods of time.
• Hearing: Strong auditory acuity for constant communication by telephone and 2-way radio and occasionally in person and by video call; both one-on-one and in a group setting.
• Work Conditions: Work is primarily performed indoors.
If you have any of the following, it’s a plus:
• Completion of a basic POST or APCO International Dispatcher Course is highly desirable.
• Experience in a public safety dispatch or communications center is highly desirable.
• Experience with Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems is highly desirable.
Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following as a Word or PDF file to upload to your application:
• Resume (Required)
• Cover Letter (Preferred): Briefly, describe how this Dispatcher position at TCCS fits into your career goals.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4705745
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) seeks a…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Processing Project Archivist (12-Month Assignment) The Claremont…View Job