Job TitleData Science Specialist (Hybrid)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Claremont, CA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Data Science Specialist (Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) seeks a Data Science Specialist for The Claremont Colleges Library, which serves the five undergraduate and two graduate institutions of the consortium.
The Data Science Specialist provides high-level support for data-focused research and instruction across the disciplines of the seven institutions of The Claremont Colleges (five undergraduate and two graduate institutions). This library-based position will assist faculty and students as they use spatial and numeric data to develop and execute classroom assignments and research projects. The support is provided through individual consultations, workshops, and program development for the emerging Data and Digital Scholarship program at the Library. The Data Science Specialist will also collaborate in support of subject-based research and teaching involving the use of data with other Library staff. Specific duties include:
• Prepare and deliver instruction and consultation on identifying and using appropriate information and technology resources in academic work.
• Support faculty on the design and execution of data-centered course assignments and research projects.
• Promote and facilitate innovation in pedagogical and research applications of data science and analytical approaches; provide appropriate programming and ongoing support to build relationships among faculty and staff collaborators across the consortium.
• Provide administrative support for ArcGIS license to the campus community.
• Actively participate in campus, statewide, and national data science and GIS organizations and events on behalf of the library and towards their own professional development.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. May be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours, as well as combination of onsite and remote work, may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The pay range for this position is dependent upon required qualifications, from $28.85 to $33.65 per hour.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits for employees and their dependents, group life insurance, generous time off, professional development funds, discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment, and access to fitness facilities and classes. For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
Education: You have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience: You have some experience with the following:
• Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, and working knowledge of other geospatial tools including QGIS.
• Providing instructional technology consulting, outreach, teaching, and support.
• Academic software licensing, support, and troubleshooting.
• Data visualization methods and tools.
In addition, you have:
• Basic coding skills in either Python or R.
• Basic data analysis skills including facility with spreadsheets such as Excel.
• The ability and willingness to assist people with a range of skills in quantitative analysis, statistics, and geospatial tools.
• The ability to work effectively in both independent and team environments.
• The ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
• A strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Library, as both a place of work and as an educational partner.
• An awareness of the implications of technology as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Sensitivity to and ability to support the diverse needs of people at all skill levels.
• An enthusiastic service orientation.
• Excellent and creative communication skills in English.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Able to independently acquire new skills.
Only qualified applicants please. Review of applications will commence on January 9, 2023. Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
• Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
• (Optional) Cover Letter: Describe in detail how your experience, qualifications, and interests make you an ideal candidate for this position.
About the Claremont Colleges Library
We partner with faculty, students, and staff to provide a vital physical and digital center for research, teaching, learning, and other forms of intellectual engagement at The Claremont Colleges. Our Core Values explain why we take such pride in our work. They are the source of our passion, energy, professionalism, and productivity. These commonly shared values guide everything we do: User-centeredness, inclusivity, innovation, collaboration, education, community, discovery, stewardship. Learn more about us at https://library.claremont.edu/
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3737903
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com. ABOUT THE POSITION Monsour Counseling and Psychological…View Job