Job TitleVice President for Enrollment Management
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range -
Location Oswego, NY US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Academic Career & Executive Search
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist SUNY Oswego in its search for Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM).
For best consideration, please apply by December 9th.
Celebrating its largest incoming class and entering an invigorating period of growth amid the Governor’s generous grant to increase enrollment, SUNY Oswego seeks a Vice President of Enrollment Management (VPEM). Reporting directly to the President and serving as a member of the President’s cabinet, the VPEM is an active participant in advancing the mission and goals of SUNY Oswego. The new VPEM joins a high energy, innovative and forward-thinking culture with a campus-wide commitment to enrollment. Building on strong momentum, the next VPEM will continue the upward trajectory as an innovative and visionary leader with a deep understanding of trends, best practices, and data-driven approaches for strategic enrollment management.
The VPEM serves as the chief enrollment officer of the university. This individual will bring a demonstrable record of success in the field and provide leadership to strategically plan, develop, coordinate, and implement SUNY Oswego’s comprehensive enrollment management and retention efforts.
The successful candidate will craft and implement a highly inclusive and effective institutional enrollment and retention plan. The VPEM is responsible for leadership in all facets of enrollment at SUNY Oswego and will have direct supervisory responsibilities for the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Director of Financial Aid, and Director of the Syracuse campus. In addition, the VPEM will supervise and coordinate all enrollment responsibilities related to admissions including international admissions, graduate admissions, and online admissions to ensure a full university enrollment plan.
The VPEM will work in partnership with the Chief Communication Officer to coordinate marketing and advertising efforts that are integrated and aligned with the university’s recruitment and retention strategies. The VPEM will also work in close partnership with many other leaders, faculty, staff, and students at SUNY Oswego, to develop and implement comprehensive and effective recruitment and retention goals and strategies. Such individuals will include the Provost, Vice President for Student Affairs, Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, Registrar, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, and many others. The overall goal will be to coordinate strategic planning and goal setting to design and meet institution-wide strategic enrollment and retention goals. The VPEM will use data-based and effective ﬁnancial aid strategies for recruiting new and retaining continuing students.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management.
- A bachelor’s degree is the minimum educational credential.
- A demonstrated deep and effective commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Effective leadership and management skills, including building and meeting budgets, creatively finding, and using resources for a variety of purposes and events, and supporting and motivating staff in their work and professional development.
- Because of the nature of this position, an ability to travel and to work some evenings and weekends is also required.
- A master’s degree strongly preferred, and an earned doctorate or terminal degree would be additional evidence of the personal value placed on the rigorous learning and certification provided by higher education.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, higher education environment, including as a valued colleague across multiple areas–in the President’s Cabinet, as chair of the Enrollment Management Council, and in other capacities–with deans, faculty, students, staff, community members, and others.
- Expertise in implementing strategies for outreach to new students, and knowledge of strategic enrollment management theory, including recruitment and retention planning, as well as national trends and current best practices in the field.
- Experience in strategic planning and goal setting in strategic enrollment management.
- Experience in the implementation and use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software throughout the recruitment and enrollment process, ideally the Slate CRM that SUNY Oswego uses.
- Experience in the design and implementation of enrollment management systems, student information systems, and other institutional databases, and extensive knowledge in use of data analytics.
- Knowledge of the principles of, and demonstrated commitment to, higher education enrollment, including experience in developing and refining recruitment strategies focused on underrepresented and/or underserved populations.
- Energetic and creative approach to work.
- Excellent organizational and delegation skills.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
About the Institution
The State University of New York at Oswego is a public university in the City and Town of Oswego, New York. It has two campuses: the historic lakeside campus in Oswego and its Syracuse campus, located 40 miles south of the main campus in Syracuse, New York.
For more than 160 years, SUNY Oswego has been inspired by those who desire to push traditional higher-education boundaries. Their campus community cares deeply about its students by providing the best facilities and resources, award-winning faculty and dedicated staff, in-demand academic programs, and applied learning opportunities. SUNY Oswego is one of the best comprehensive colleges in the country. Recognized for excellence and value, Oswego is known for its extraordinary faculty, its welcoming atmosphere, and its reputation for producing fiercely loyal alumni. Its state-of-the-art facilities surrounded by awe-inspiring beauty on the shores of Lake Ontario provide a perfect setting to forge friendships and grow through education through more than 110 undergraduate and graduate programs.
Living in the Area
The City of Oswego grew from its strategic location where Lake Ontario flows into the Oswego River. SUNY Oswego’s 700-acre campus is situated on the lakeshore, just west of the picturesque port city, about a two-mile walk from campus to the riverfront at the heart of the city. Oswego’s dynamic history resonates in its name — from the Haudenosaunee phrase meaning “the pouring out place.”
A rich 19th-century character, mirroring its time as an industrial port community, remains preserved in many residential homes and downtown storefronts. Visitors come to learn more about the Oswego area’s heritage in museums and landmarks, and to view historic Fort Ontario, Oswego Harbor, the West Pierhead Lighthouse and other iconic attractions.
With over 200 years to cultivate a vibrant lakeside culture, Oswego has no shortage of fun. From lakeside ice cream to late-night movies, the question isn’t what to do, but where to start. Take in a variety of great cuisines including calzones, sushi, and so much more. Whether it’s sit-down or take-out, you’ll never go hungry in Oswego.
Oswego is only 45 minutes away from Syracuse, which is located along the old Erie Canal adjacent to the well-known Finger Lakes region. It is a commercial and transportation center at the crossroads of major north-south and east-west routes. With a population of 17,000, Oswego boasts a 22% lower than the national average cost of living and is a welcoming small town community.
For best consideration, please apply by December 9th
To be viewed by the search firm, you must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyxgdh8
Please do not email applications.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vita. Ideally cover letters should not exceed two pages. All applications are treated confidentially.
Inquiries, referrals, and nominations are treated confidentially:
Inquiries and questions: Please send to OswegoVPEM@acesrch.com
Nominations and referrals: Please send to email@example.com
Institution’s EEO Statement
SUNY Oswego values the contributions to learning for its members that result from maintaining a diverse student body, faculty, and staff. SUNY Oswego will comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity / non-discrimination laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics (including an individual’s ancestry, country of origin, or country of origin of parents, family members, or ancestors), military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Boise State University
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased…View Job