Job TitleEXECUTIVE DIRECTOR NORWICH CAMPUS
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range $ commensurate with experience
Location Norwich, NY
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Email Application required to be submitted on-line at http://www.morrisville.edu/careers
ABOUT SUNY MORRISVILLE:
SUNY Morrisville, a college that leverages the expansive resources of the State University of New York, is a model of innovative applied education. Located in the center of New York State, the college offers students hands-on, experiential learning in modern classrooms and specialized facilities, many of which are rare or one-of-a-kind in higher education. Morrisville’s 3,000 students – who come from diverse backgrounds across the state and around the world – choose from more than 80 associate and bachelor degree programs that embrace agriculture, technology, business, social sciences, including Psychology, Criminal Justice, and the liberal arts. An internship program that prepares students for success in the 21st-century workplace ranks among the top ten in the nation. At Morrisville, motivated students work alongside talented faculty members – many with field experience – to imagine, build, and test practical, sustainable solutions to some of the fundamental questions confronting a shrinking world with diminishing resources.
The Morrisville campus is 30 miles southeast of Syracuse and 30 miles southwest of Utica; it is a half-hour drive from the New York State Thruway with easy access to Albany (two hours), Rochester (two hours), Buffalo (three hours) and New York City (four hours).
The Norwich Campus of SUNY Morrisville has been serving the Norwich community and the surrounding areas for more than 46 years, offering students associate degree and certificate options such as Criminal Justice, Human Services, Business Administration, and Nursing. The campus is also used by businesses, not-for-profits and community partners for training, events and videoconferencing.
The Syracuse Educational Opportunity Center (EOC), administered by SUNY Morrisville, provides the urban community of Syracuse with innovative academic programs leading to higher education as well as vocational training programs leading to gainful employment and economic self-sufficiency.
Recognizing the importance of diversity in assuring the success of students and graduates in an increasingly global environment, SUNY Morrisville is committed to equity and inclusion in all aspects of hiring and employment.
Campus Title: Executive Director of Norwich Campus
Budget Title: Executive Director
Unit: Norwich Campus
Professional Rank and Salary Range: MP, $80,000+ commensurate with experience
Brief Description of Duties:
SUNY Morrisville is seeking an experienced Executive Director for our Chenango County Branch Campus located in Norwich, NY. The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership and overall direction to the Norwich Campus including man-aging of staff, and meeting growth and goals through management of the college’s re-sources. The Executive Director will successfully engage staff, faculty, students, and Chenango County constituents to meet enrollment and financial goals of the college while ensuring a quality educational experience to students.
SUNY Morrisville is proud to offer quality academic programs and services at Roger W. Follett Hall, 20 Conkey Avenue, on the Norwich campus in Chenango County, NY. The campus, in downtown Norwich, offers associate degree and certificate programs in select technical areas in Criminal Justice, Nursing, Business Administration, and Human Services, concurrent and dual enrollment programs for area high schools, and workforce development opportunities for area businesses.
The Executive Director ensures effective day to day management of all Norwich Cam-pus operations and functions, provides excellent service to students and faculty, serves as liaison to the academic school, divisions in which academic programs are developed and delivered by resident teaching faculty, and represents SUNY Morrisville in the local community. The director is responsible to collaborate with the schools to maintain and create effective, high quality academic programs and workforce opportunities in an enriched academic environment that honors and maintains the integrity of the College mission.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting directly to the Provost, oversees Norwich Campus staff and ensures effective management of all center operations for the Norwich Campus including direct oversight and/or communication with Main Campus to provide admissions services, academic advisement, related student services, marketing and fundraising/development support, and budget, facilities, and equipment over-sight.
- Project manage the Norwich Campus strategic plan with staff, faculty, administrative, and student input.
- Serves as the College liaison to the local community including the Chenango County businesses, chamber, governmental leaders, BOCES, high schools and other educational establishments, regional education leaders, as well as the Norwich Campus Advisory Council.
- Assists the President and Provost as a member of Senior Council and Provost Council to foster collaborative relationships and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring that all federal, state, university, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed at the Norwich Campus.
- Responsible for supporting and collaborating with program faculty to ensure effective and consistent delivery of academic programs at the Norwich Campus.
- Coordinates with the appropriate Dean, Division Chair, faculty, and staff to develop the semester course schedule.
Supervision of the Liberty Partnership Program Director and provides leadership to this program.
- Responsible for new student recruitment and enrollment via the effective implementation of the respective policies, procedures, and processes.
- Assists the College in analyzing market indicators to determine current and future, needs and opportunities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Provost.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, written, and oral presentation.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels of administration, faculty and staff within a comprehensive institution/organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with rural campus community.
Strong commitment to customer service, shared governance, and community relations.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, problem solving, and decision-making ability.
- Ability to successfully develop, interpret and apply policies and regulations in a complex college setting.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, present self in a professional manner, and reflect the goals and mission/vision of the College.
- Master’s degree required
- A minimum of three years of progressive management/leadership experience
- Experience with high school, College undergraduate and/or adult students; in enrollment management and student retention
- Experience or knowledge of marketing, grants, fundraising, and institutional advancement practices desired.
SUNY Morrisville is committed to creating a vibrant community enriched by diverse perspectives, talents and experiences, and prohibits discrimination in employment based on gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, physical capability, age, creed, sexual identity, veteran status, and economic means. We encourage applications from candidates who share this commitment and will contribute to the diversity of our college community, especially members of historically under-represented groups. AA/EEO/ADA
In accordance with the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” institutions of higher education are required to prepare an annual report containing information on campus security policies and campus statistics. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by SUNY Morrisville; and on property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a printed copy of this report by contacting SUNY Morrisville University Police at (315) 684-6410, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities at (315) 684-6070, Office of Human Resources at (315) 684-6038 and or by accessing the following web site https://www.morrisville.edu/contact/offices/university-police/clery-act
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Application Deadline: Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates should submit their application by as soon as possible, to assure optimal consideration.
Application Procedure: Application materials are required to be submitted on-line at http://www.morrisville.edu/careers
Please provide Cover Letter, Resume, and at least three employment references (we will not contact references without prior permission).
Robert Morris University
To apply for this job please visit www.helblingsearch.com. Position Summary & Responsibilities Reporting directly to…View Job
University of Washington
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The University of Washington School of Medicine…View Job