Job TitleAssociate Director of HEOP
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 48,000-51,000
Location Saint Bonaventure, NY US
Deadline August 08, 2022
Contact Name Chris Brown
Department Student Success Center and HEOP
Phone US +1 (716) 375-2402
Provide leadership for the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) and coordinate programs designed to admit, support, retain, and graduate eligible students. Plan and implements HEOP events and support services in accordance with the program proposal.
- Coordinate and administer the operational activities of the program; design and implement workshops and activities designed to foster the growth and success of HEOP students. Collaborate with faculty and other departments to promote and conduct initiatives to aid in the retention, personal development, campus involvement, and academic success for HEOP students
- Conduct academic counseling to assist HEOP students in developing skills and strategies for the promotion of academic, career, and personal goals; assign academic counseling caseload among appropriate HEOP staff; maintain counseling files on assigned students. Advise HEOP students regarding issues of transition, academic, social, financial, cultural and personal matters. Monitor academic progress, working closely with faculty advisors and with the support the HEOP staff.
- Identify, recruit, and enroll eligible students in accordance with state and institutional guidelines; attend college fairs and high schools; collaborate with the enrollment division to coordinate the admission and matriculation process.
- Plan and implement the 4-week pre-freshman HEOP Summer Program; hire, supervise and train peer leaders and peer tutors; coordinate course offerings and staffing.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate the HEOP staff, providing guidance and direction to implement the program.
- Create and assess relevant goals and objectives for the program aligned with the university’s strategic plan and program proposal; assist with the preparation of institutional and state reports.
- Consult with other offices within the Student Success Center in order to align and streamline the delivery of academic support services. Refer students to appropriate university and community resources.
In this position, the incumbent would be expected to have or possess:
Specific knowledge of higher education and a working knowledge of University policies and New York State guidelines regarding the HEOP program.
Knowledge of and ability to advocate for students from diverse backgrounds; knowledge of the unique challenges faced by academically and economically disadvantaged student populations at the college level; ability to recognize and respond to the needs of underrepresented and historically marginalized students.
Ability to incorporate, intentionally and respectfully, topics of diversity, equity and inclusion within areas of responsibility, especially as related to student success and retention.
Skilled in developing, coordinating, and evaluating programs to attract and retain underrepresented minority and first-generation students by providing special programs not limited to traditional educational, vocational, cultural, and social activities.
Ability to handle highly confidential material, understanding that all University information should only be disclosed to others who have a need to know, for legitimate business reasons. Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
Ability to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity while balancing priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame.
Ability to appropriately handle confidential material and maintain integrity and confidentiality of data; in-depth knowledge of current regulations regarding student privacy, especially FERPA.
Skill with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and Outlook); ability to quickly learn and navigate new software programs used in areas of responsibility.
Ability to articulate and support the mission and values of St. Bonaventure University; ability to describe the function of the position within the context of the university’s mission.
Knowledge of and ability to describe the university’s programs, majors, and resources.
Ability drive/transport students or materials to events.
University of Minnesota Medical School
To apply for this job please visit hr.myu.umn.edu. Education Director 9745S3 – Education Program Specialist…View Job
Academic Counselor, Generalist (Student Services Professional III) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Academic Counselor, Generalist (Student Services Professional III)…View Job
Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional II) – Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning
San Francisco State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional II)…View Job