Job TitleAssistant/Associate Director, Residential Life
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Saratoga Springs, NY US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Phone US +1 (518) 580-5800
The Associate/Assistant Director of Residential Life works closely with the Director of Residential Life to share in the leadership, administration, and support of Skidmore College’s Residential Life program. The Associate/Assistant Director directly supervises four full-time Area Coordinators/Assistant Area
Coordinators (administrators), and indirectly supervises the student staff team comprised of Resident Assistants (RAs) and Community Assistants (CAs), responsible for supporting a community of approximately 2500+ on-campus residents. The Associate/Assistant Director provides leadership, support, and direction in the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of both professionals and para-professional staff members. The Associate/Assistant Director works closely with the Director to implement the overall philosophy, residential education model, vision, and strategic plan for Skidmore’s Residential Life program.
1. The Associate/Assistant Director provides direct supervision to a team of four full-time Area Coordinators/Assistant Area Coordinators. This includes communicating work responsibilities to ACs/AACs, providing support to the professional staff team, and providing feedback on job performance.
2. The Associate/Assistant Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a residential education curriculum. The Associate/Assistant Director will identify learning outcomes for residential students to foster safe, caring, and inclusive learning-centered communities. The Associate/Assistant Director will also be responsible for overseeing the department’s residential education budget.
3. The Associate/Assistant Director is responsible for the training and development of ACs/AACs and student staff (RAs and CAs). This includes developing a comprehensive pre-service training program for the fall, spring, and summer semesters, as well as regularly scheduled in-service training.
4. The Associate/Assistant Director will be responsible for coordinating assessment for Residential Life programs and services in order to assist with long term department planning. This will include student satisfaction assessments, evaluations of staff training programs, and ongoing evaluation of the department’s residential education curriculum.
5. The Associate/Assistant Director will serve as an administrator on call, providing after hours and weekend support to professional and student staff members in Residential Life. This will include advising ACs/AACs and RAs/CAs of appropriate protocols during crisis response.
6. The Associate/Assistant Director will act as the Director of Residential Life’s designee, representing the perspective of Residential Life in conversations with students, families, and institutional partners. This will include service on select College committees.
7. The Associate/Assistant Director will work with the Director to monitor and provide support with Residential Life’s student conduct caseload. This will include supporting ACs/AACs in hearing assigned student conduct cases.
8. The Associate/Assistant Director will contribute the Office of Residential Life’s efforts to engage in ongoing training in the areas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Further, the Assistant Director will collaborate with campus partners to foster the development of leadership and diversity competencies among student staff and residential students.
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience: 2-4 years student affairs/residential life experience, previous live-in experience preferred
Knowledge of student affairs and residential life best practices
Effective verbal and written communication
Attention to detail and time management
Demonstrated experience leading and developing teams
Ability to communicate with students, families, and colleagues about Residential Life practices
Required documents needed to apply:
List of Three References
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at Skidmore College and protect all members of the College community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
Assistant Learning Designer / Associate Learning Designer / Learning Designer / Senior Learning Designer – Gies College of Business
Gies College of Business
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. Assistant Learning Designer / Associate Learning Designer…View Job
Gies College of Business
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. The Teaching and Learning team is a…View Job