Job TitleExecutive Assistant, Office of the President
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location New York, NY
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Executive Assistant, Office of the President
The Office of the President is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for day-to-day and ad-hoc responsibilities including overseeing executive calendars; coordinating start-to-finish administrative logistics for events, meetings and appointments; managing projects; and working with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Supporting the Office of the President, the Executive Assistant must be able to proactively and discreetly anticipate the needs of the senior staff members with whom they will collaborate or support, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capably determine, delegate or manage competing priorities and deadlines. The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief of Staff.
This position is expected to work in-person in our NYC office five days a week.
General support to the Office of the President
• Plans, coordinates and hosts various internal and external executive functions, including biweekly leadership meetings and three annual scientific leadership meetings. Takes and distributes meeting minutes.
• Acts as a first point of contact, including screening telephone calls, fielding inquiries and requests and responding to or referring on as appropriate.
• Greets and hosts guests and visitors of the Office of the President
• Provides direct support to the President when the executive assistant to the President is unavailable or out of the office, which includes managing all aspects of the President’s calendar and correspondence.
Support to Chief of Staff and the President’s research programs
• Prepares, arranges and/or confirms itineraries, agendas, software/hardware set up and materials for events and functions related to the President’s two research programs.
• Processes invoices, expense reports and related transactions in Concur and honorariums with Accounts Payable
• When requested, attends meetings and takes meeting minutes related to the Chief of Staff’s initiatives, documenting the outcomes and action steps.
• Assists with correspondence, A/V, presentations, and other ad hoc tasks for events in the Chief of Staff’s programs, such as Stonybrook STEM Scholars and summer school coordination.
Additional executive and ad-hoc support
• Provides basic administrative support for the General Counsel, such as calendaring and occasional correspondence.
• Fosters and builds good working relationships and strong networks with a variety of people both externally and internally within the foundation.
• Assists with founder-related and other special tasks or projects.
• Performs any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years of administrative experience
• Minimum of three years of executive support
• Prior experience working in a non-profit organization or academic institution is preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
• Must be able to work in-person in the office five days a week
• Sound judgment and discretion
• Punctual, accountable, and reliable
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization and external communities. Ability to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities and communication styles
• Ability to work independently and proactively anticipate the needs of management while balancing commitments, calendar and workload under deadlines
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint
• Solutions-focused and able to solve problems effectively
• Commitment to the mission of the Simons Foundation to advance basic science and mathematics
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• The full-time annual compensation range for this position is $80,000 – $100,000, depending on experience.
• In addition to competitive salaries, the Simons Foundation provides employees with an outstanding benefits package.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4721406
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Administrative Assistant for Campus Safety (Onsite) The…View Job