Job TitleAssistant Professor of Political Science (Public Administration)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Huntsville, Texas
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Dr. Fatih Demiroz
To apply for this job please visit shsu.peopleadmin.com.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Department of Political Science at Sam Houston State University invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position starting in fall 2024. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three courses per semester and engaging in research/scholarly activities. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in service activities such as program and curriculum development, face-to-face and online course development, and student recruitment and engagement.
The successful candidates will possess the following required qualifications:
1. A doctoral degree in public administration, public affairs, or public policy from an accredited institution of higher education. ABD candidates will be considered, but they must have a PhD by the start date (August 2024).
2. Demonstrated evidence of ability and/or desire to teach undergraduate and online graduate courses on the topics of disaster resilience, emergency management, public administration and management, and related subjects.
3. Demonstrated evidence of an established or emerging research/scholarly program in public administration and disaster and emergency management.
4. Demonstrated effective communication skills.
Required Application Materials
• Cover letter that identifies interests, qualifications, and experience for the position.
• Current CV that includes, if applicable, a summary of previous teaching experience and the format of each course taught (i.e., face-to-face, online, hybrid).
• All graduate transcripts. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted during the application process; however, the successful candidate must submit official transcripts documenting all post-secondary degrees.
• Three letters of recommendation from supervisors who have worked with the applicant and are familiar with the applicant’s teaching and research abilities.
• Recent student teaching evaluations covering the last two semesters of teaching, if available. Those without teaching evaluations will need to upload a placeholder document in lieu of evaluations.
• Teaching statement, including a discussion of online pedagogy and how the applicant’s teaching will meet the specific needs of Sam Houston State University’s students.
• If available, sample syllabi for relevant courses.
The search committee will start to review applications on October 9, 2023. The application process will remain open until the position is filled. Please direct questions to Dr. Fatih Demiroz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To be considered, you must apply online at: https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/36339
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Virginia Commonwealth University
To apply for this job please visit vcu.csod.com. Welcome to VCU … a world unlike…View Job